Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

High current flip-flop using a DPDT relay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sawblade

I've seen this circuit once before, but I can't find it anywhere now. Would anyone around here happen to have the diagram handy?

Best I could do for the price:

Attachments

• clipboard014567.gif
    clipboard014567.gif
    4.2 KB · Views: 1,858
I saw it once in a Nuts & Volts mag, but I haven't been able to find that issue again. It had a relay, 2 or 3 resistors, a 1000uf capacitor and a single spst pushbutton that toggled the relay. Sorry I can't get any more descriptive than that, but I only saw it once and didn't think to write it down.

Any circuit will do as long as it's toggled by a single momentary switch and can handle 30 amps of current @ 12v.

Thanks for your help!

What power supply voltage do you have available for the relay coil? Is it acceptable to use an integrated circuit and a transistor?

Here is a relay Flip Flop. If you want to use a SPST push button rather than the SPDT, let me know and I'll alter the design. It will need 3 or 4 extra components.

Len

Attachments

• relay_flip_flop.gif
    relay_flip_flop.gif
    6.5 KB · Views: 4,017
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back