Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Hi-Resolution Wireless Video Transmission

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robomatt

Hi everyone,

I need to build a circuitry to transmit hi-res video wireless. My initial approach is to use a Lantronix Wiport for wireless transmission.
WiPort - 802.11b Wireless - 802.11g Wireless - Lantronix
However, I cannot find the appropriate camera module to connect to WiPort. WiPort has 10/100 Ethernet for input connection. Once, you connect a device to the ethernet input, it simply transmits the data wireless. I think WiPort should be able to transmit hi-res video, as it seems from its spec (802.11 b/g standart). I also think to add a microcontroller between WiPort and the camera module in order to add more functionality in future. So, would you please recommend:
1) A Hi-Res camera module, say 3 megapixel with high bandwidth (capable of producing 25 frames/sec).
2) A microcontroller, having ethernet interface and compatible to transmit the video from the camera module.
I hope I am not asking too much for the specs:)
Thanks in advance!!!

Hello,

Texas Intruments provide and evaluation kit for one of the their Davinci micro's(355) and I beleive they have and example application that takes a composite video source (720??) encode it (MPEG2) and then streams it over ethernet using RTP.

As it takes a composite video signal it gives you a lot of flexibillity when it comes to choosing your camera.

Regards

Iain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back