Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Near real time video resolution of two thermal cam modules

Status
Not open for further replies.

avbs18289

Hello, I have a question regarding if anybody has any ideas on how to combine two digital camera feeds together to achieve a near real time super resolution, from two camera modules placed right next to each other, or slightly distanced. I have done some research on this topic , perhaps not enough, however I could not find a solution that I would be able to replicate without an extensive background of technical knowledge.

I am trying to combine two digital camera feeds from two flir lepton 3.5 thermal imaging modules to achieve a higher resolution for a hobby first person view use case, or possibly other digital output cameras. I have found a version of the flir lepton that outputs an analog signal, would this perhaps be an easier start to super impose the images with some kind of image processing to achieve a higher resolution. Also, latency would seem to be a concern, as well as the board used for micro uav platforms under the 250gram range. I know my question if a little out of order in terms of what I’m trying to achieve, I would just like to know if anyone has any pointers or could possibly provide assistance in this matter. This idea/ possible project would be for an rc fpv use case, so I wanted to know if there are any lightweight preexisting products that could achieve this (although I presume they would have to be custom made or have a high expense), with low latency of a couple milliseconds), or if a raspberry pi, or similar board, could achieve this.

Either digital or analog systems would be used for this project idea, preferably digital.
Thank you in advance.

flir lepton 3.5 thermal imaging modules
You are looking at the 160x120 modules.
They can only produce 8 frames/second so it will look like there is some delay. I think the Pi can grab from two modules at the same time. or Right/Left/Right/Left at 20mhz.
I have looked at one module and mounting it on a servo that rotates and makes it appear to be 2x wider.

I think the Pi is a good place to start and there is probably a one module project on the internet.
digikey
low rez camera
1665354030549.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back