Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Hey chek out this RC model boat.It even flys!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Someone Electro

Check out this video:

**broken link removed**

This radio controled model boat can go in water,on the road,grass and it can even FLY !!!

The guy who deisgned it must be realy good at this stuff.

That is awesome. I would guess that it's electrically powered, just shows how battery and motor design has improved dramatically. Any idea if it's available commercially?

Mike.

I wod say its an gas motor since byterys are qite heavy and light motors dont provide as much power.

It wod be fun to have such an RC model.Just imagine how your frends wod go WOW wen you wod show it how it takes off and flys.

It must have realy good aerodinamics.

Very neat, the guy has skill ( not only developing the craft, but piloting )

It's lithium polymer batteries driving a brushless motor. It appears the fuselage is foam ( by the name of it anyways ) and the batteries could be very light weight by their nature.

linkage:
**broken link removed**

I didnt know an electric motor can produce so much power.

Beocse it was powerd by an propeler in the air.And it had tromendus acseleration.

The thing acelerated like mad.Meaby even faster that the car i made and stuck in an big motor that golps up to 6A at 7V and and big Ni-Cd batery pack.The thing was hevy 1 kg.It neded huge weels becose small ones started sliping and got it out of course and in the wall of the hall way.

What impresses me the most is the control.....

Totally amazing...

I guess the back spoiler-like "wing" does it all?

I would like to develope this one.

Yea it can corner realy fast.Thts what amazes me.

The guy on the radio controles must be realy good.

In some RC forums, this had been a hot topic, and many people made "unofficial" plans for this thing.

Hmm....I would do it if I have the time.

Dr.EM said:
That certainly is very cool. Now, what they need to do is make it a flying hovercraft, then it'll be a land/sea/air vehicle :lol:

if you check out their other videos its does go on land.

back when i was a kid (which wasn't to long ago), we didn't have cool toys like that :(

wow, i really want one of those now... looks like it'd be difficult to control though

Ok, when they were piloting it on the grass for the last half of the video, was i the ONLY one waiting for them to fly the thing through the uprights of the football posts?

I'm buying or building one as soon as I have the $$$. That's the last time that pesky neighboor's dog digs up my rosebushes. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back