Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help needed....8051 based LCD interface design

Status
Not open for further replies.

vik1501

Plz go throught the schematic attached which is part of a 8051 based project I am working on.

The individual memory mapped addresses are shown.

I wrote software to output data to latch 74LS273 and it works. But when I tried to initialise the LCD and send data to it , the LCD doen't respond.

I have worked with LCDs before and am using the same s/w code that I used previously successfully, so I don't see any problem with s/w. Since the data is also latched by 74LS273, the data & address bus h/w seems to be OK.
LCD as the fig. shows is memory mapped @ 1000h

However I am not sure about the timing of LCD.

Could u plz identify the problem ? I strongly feel its with h/w rather than s/w. I tried with slower crystal like 3.68MHz but it doen't work. I am using 89C51.

Attachments

• dwg1.jpg
    dwg1.jpg
    401.7 KB · Views: 618
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back