Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Hello

Status
Not open for further replies.

beastboybrown

Hey I am no builder of technology :/ Infact a LOT of times I have problems with turning on TVs cause I can't use a remote right. But I am here to try to find a program and maybe learn of a better way to do the project I am looking to do.

With this said I do deal with technology for a living though by selling it. With that said if anyone is interested in bulk buying Flat Screen Monitors/TVs, Printer Toner/Ink Cartridges, Harddrives, CD drives, Other computer/Printer material including speakers and etc, let me know.

Hey I am no builder of technology :/ Infact a LOT of times I have problems with turning on TVs cause I can't use a remote right. But I am here to try to find a program and maybe learn of a better way to do the project I am looking to do.
(My emphasis).

Welcome to ETO, beastboybrown!

Ignoring your second paragraph, I would be interested in your expanding on the type of project you have in mind.

Inquisitive, I am not that well for technology lingo. What are Wares? You mean like computers and such o_O

You mean I can't say that I am selling anything unless its in the Buying selling section? o_O If so sorry.

And Cow Boy Bob, Dont judge XD But I have been wanting to make something like this-
- (Which I hope showing videos is cool) Which I know is majorly nerdy but I have personal from Printers/clocks to Computers that I don't mind to rip apart to make into something like this but I have no clue where to start because I never built anything like this before.

You mean I can't say that I am selling anything unless its in the Buying selling section? o_O If so sorry.
That would be best for personal items. Commercial sales are not allowed, as Inquisitive pointed out.
... but I have no clue where to start because I never built anything like this before.
I have a fair amount of experience with Lego(tm) Mindstorms. You can build a remarkable variety of systems (such as you posted). The down side is that Lego stuff is hugely expensive.

Your project example is very sophisticated and I would be concerned that you might be put off by the complexity of the various stages that this device needs. In particular, the "Part Recognition" stage has some serious hardware and spatial recognition software at work that you'd be hard pressed to create from scratch.

I guess what I'm saying is that, from your own description of your experience and talents, a project like what you have posted might be a tad complicated as a "starter" effort.

Do you have a simpler device or system in mind?

Inqu/ Cowboy- Im not commercial o_O I am personal. I never have owned a business of any sort. I just got a LOT of computers and stuff handed to me cause I am a janitor :/ I have no way to even tell what works and what doesn't. Which is why I was looking for a bulk buyer that knows how to work technology better then me and could sell it.

Yeah I know exactly how expensive something like that would be $200-300 easy in parts alone. Thats why I was wondering if I could make it with parts that aren't Lego. Like with Printer parts and other various things. And if someone would help me with a few ideas :3 on what I could do.

As for being partially put off I don't mind. I can make it in stages easily. Again I am in no real rush for this. I just want to work on this and make my own sometime eventually.

Well I generally know what it uses and does for the part recognition stage. I would need a scale, any webcam (I got a specific one in mind though[The exact one from the video]), and I would need to find a program that would look at the database which I found online and would just transfer it over. Which you probably know more then me on about programs but I think it might deal with one of the 3D printer programs out there. Which is the main help I would need to find out which one.

But I have a LOT of details on what the program does and see if anyone would recognize it. If by chance you guys know anyone that knows a whole lot about programs out there.

3d api not really, not sure if you can connect mindstrom or other uC's to webcam but after that is achieved you are just taking a photo of belt, weight scale is only optional, and extracting data such as: color, edge detection and other things that can be compared in your database, the hard part of this project is learning the basic programming, not just for your graphics processing but to control the hardware as well,, plus then you will need to study image recognition algorithms to tell the comp which bin

as for the hardware side you will need to choose your motors and learn how they interface with cpu's pins(ie drivers), since there are different types...

With this said I do deal with technology for a living though by selling it. With that said if anyone is interested in bulk buying Flat Screen Monitors/TVs, Printer Toner/Ink Cartridges, Harddrives, CD drives, Other computer/Printer material including speakers and etc, let me know.
Reminds me of the old sketches about the "Home Boy Shopping Network" on the old comedy show In Living Color.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back