Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Hello how to build this

Status
Not open for further replies.
One more question can we use PIC16F72 with RTC DS1307??
as data sheet says it will work in slave I2C

I'm totally bemused why people keep using the HT12 chips with PIC's?, they are a 'stand alone' remote control system, not intended to be used with processors, and awkward to use because of that.

If you've got a PIC, then that's all you need - it can do the remote control functions perfectly well - and there are IR and radio examples in my tutorials.

The PIC is also obviously fine with a DS1307, the DS is slave and the PIC is master - again I2C (in software) is covered in my tutorials.

The pic16f72 say it work in slave mode only.
so for ds1307 should be slaves and pic micro should be master?

The pic16f72 say it work in slave mode only.
so for ds1307 should be slaves and pic micro should be master?

No, the DS1307 can ONLY be a slave - I've not used a 16F72, but I doubt it's slave only as slave is more difficult than master - in any case you can easily do master in software, so 'perhaps' the hardware I2C is for slave only?.

Before I choose the hardware for a project, I always sketch out my needs first.

Only after I have my functional requirements well understood, do I start matching hardware to the the functions.

You could also interface with remote keypad with CMOS mux switch and with USB to parallel or serial decoder to parallel use one shot selection for raspberry Pi remote control.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back