Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Hello new here please be gentle!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dieselpeter

Hi, iv just joined and I’m not going to lie I’m probably well out my depth but willing to learn and will take any advice that’s given..first things is thank for just looking and your time.

Any petrol heads on here may like this little project Iv mine I’m working on so here it goes.

On my project car I have a clutch pedal with a variable potentiometer 0-5v I want to fit a 2 step launch control, the way to get the launch control to trigger is to either give it 12v or ground it don’t matter which it has 2 separate arming wires and you can use either.

I’d like to make a adjustable relay that will trigger either 12v or ground using the 1-5v signal from clutch pedal, I’d like to be able to adjust it so say the clutch wears I can adjust the voltage and pedal position to take that into account.

I’m a diesel crane mechanic so have a little bit of knowledge but only enough to be dangerous.

I hope this makes sense.

Thanks Pete
View attachment 138530

E88990D7-59B9-462A-8BD9-BD7C30E542FA.jpeg
E88990D7-59B9-462A-8BD9-BD7C30E542FA.jpeg

The way I read your wire diagram it is showing a hall sensor type switch, not some sort of potentiometer. I say this because wire X1-54 shows 5V going to the switch from the ECM. X1-26 is a signal from the switch. X1-42 is ground.

The clutch switch is used to keep the starter motor from working if the clutch isn't pushed in, that is the only function of it I'm aware of.

Define your threshold for clutch IN. so we can see if inverting logic will work or non-inverting.

Like more than 3V or less than 2V or whatever.

Set the clutch to just slipping or just engaged position and measure voltage where you want it.

This simulates (open in browser) some kind of resistance pot sensor and non-inverting and inverting switch.
1663103774468.png

For that to work, he'll need some how to add a pot into the clutch linkage. Or at least that's the way I see your circuit.
The switches in a clutch pedal are either a Hall switch or a "contact" type.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back