H-Bridge Driving me MAD, help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sorry to hear you had a "bad experience" with them, but like everything, you have to shop around first. I've never had a problem with them in the years I have used them as a supplier for parts; they've taken my order, shipped the parts quickly, things arrived correctly. Like everything else, though, you have to know what you are getting, and what they are selling; you might find you can get it somewhere else cheaper. On average, though, I have found their prices fair for most things.

As far as goldmine is concerned, I have yet to shop with them (I was only offering them as an example), but I have heard good things about them, and otherwise (some similar to your above comment about All Electronics) - once again, shop around. I've also heard they can be slow to deliver (in my case, I wouldn't care - they're just across town, so I could look into it personally if I had to).

I also once ordered a ton of resistors (100pcs each E12 series) from Alltronics (not the same as All Electronics, BTW) - I got my order quick, and correct. They weren't as cheap as All Electronics, but they ended up having all of the values I needed (whereas All Electronics didn't), so that won me over. I would use them again in the future, too.

Yeah if speed isn't an issue you should definitely check out Futurlec. I will order from them again but it will only be when I am adding to my stock and not for something I actually need for a current project.

My last order from Futurlec was about $100 and I had to buy 6 additional 24 spot parts bins to hold all the stuff. Most of it wasn't stuff I needed but just stuff thats good to have like lots of different diodes, thermistors, connectors, header pins, header connectors, header jumpers, and so on. I already built a stock of resistors and capacitors from All Electronics as that was one of my first orders and one everyone needs getting into this hobby.
The only other thing I stocked up on was LED's which I bought from eBay of course

OK got some new parts, got a circuit built on the breadboard and I am starting to program code for the cats toy. I decided to go with 5 Volt instead of the battery pack 3 volts because I thought it would be easier to build the circuits and work with the 5 volts since thats what the ardweeny wants to use anyway.

I will post another update with some pictures once I get a little further along.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…