Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

can someone help me do this in falstad, thank you.

timmychangga

received_1064300554847713.png

You have no control signal nor a feedback signal and no transfer function defined, thus it won't work.

After this is defined, you might be able to control it. I suggest both current feedback and a tach feedback to make it stable.

Also you cannot control both directions with 1 transistor. You need 4 in a full bridge.

You have no control signal nor a feedback signal and no transfer function defined, thus it won't work.

After this is defined, you might be able to control it. I suggest both current feedback and a tach feedback to make it stable.

Also you cannot control both directions with 1 transistor. You need 4 in a full bridge.

It's feeding a radio control servo - the position is defines by the pulse duration.
(Usually 1 - 2mS range, with 1.5mS being centre of travel).

They are supposed to have a continuous pulse train with ~20mS repetition rate, though. The behaviour cannot be guaranteed if the pulses stop, as they would do with that circuit.

I think the OP is controlling a model servo which requires pulses between 1 and 2 mS and has all the feedback built in.

The circuit appears to produce 1 or 2mS pulses depending on which button is pressed. This should be producing pulses every 20mS and some servos don't like if the timebase is different.

There's a similar thread from a long time ago here.

Mike.
P.S. sorry JR (or RJ) typed this about 6 hours ago but didn't post it.

Can't help with Falstad - don't even know what it is.

I'd approach this as needing a pulse every 20mS - a 555 setup to produce 50Hz will do this - positive edge every 20mS.
Use the pulse to trigger another 555 to output a 1mS pulse.
Have a push button that changes the period of the second 555 to 2mS.

Button release = -90 degrees.
Button pressed = 90 degrees.

Mike.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back