Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

H-Bridge Driving me MAD, help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
BTW All Electronics is a rip off.
I ordered from them in past before I really knew prices and realized how badly I was taken for.
Some things there are fair priced, like something they have close outs on motors and such but I ordered some transistors among other things and realized I could have got my whole $100 order from another vendor for around $70

I will check out the goldmine, I never heard of them.

Sorry to hear you had a "bad experience" with them, but like everything, you have to shop around first. I've never had a problem with them in the years I have used them as a supplier for parts; they've taken my order, shipped the parts quickly, things arrived correctly. Like everything else, though, you have to know what you are getting, and what they are selling; you might find you can get it somewhere else cheaper. On average, though, I have found their prices fair for most things.

As far as goldmine is concerned, I have yet to shop with them (I was only offering them as an example), but I have heard good things about them, and otherwise (some similar to your above comment about All Electronics) - once again, shop around. I've also heard they can be slow to deliver (in my case, I wouldn't care - they're just across town, so I could look into it personally if I had to).

I also once ordered a ton of resistors (100pcs each E12 series) from Alltronics (not the same as All Electronics, BTW) - I got my order quick, and correct. They weren't as cheap as All Electronics, but they ended up having all of the values I needed (whereas All Electronics didn't), so that won me over. I would use them again in the future, too.

Yeah if speed isn't an issue you should definitely check out Futurlec. I will order from them again but it will only be when I am adding to my stock and not for something I actually need for a current project.

My last order from Futurlec was about $100 and I had to buy 6 additional 24 spot parts bins to hold all the stuff. Most of it wasn't stuff I needed but just stuff thats good to have like lots of different diodes, thermistors, connectors, header pins, header connectors, header jumpers, and so on. I already built a stock of resistors and capacitors from All Electronics as that was one of my first orders and one everyone needs getting into this hobby.
The only other thing I stocked up on was LED's which I bought from eBay of course :)

OK got some new parts, got a circuit built on the breadboard and I am starting to program code for the cats toy. I decided to go with 5 Volt instead of the battery pack 3 volts because I thought it would be easier to build the circuits and work with the 5 volts since thats what the ardweeny wants to use anyway.

I will post another update with some pictures once I get a little further along.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back