Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

H-bridge driver board with input for direction

Erhy

Hello!
Want to use the board Seeed Studio XIAO ESP32-S3 Sense to control 4 motors.
In my last project I used the ESP32-Cam board with ESP32-S.

Because the ESP32-S3 has only 8 PWM channels, whereupon the camera software use 1 PWM channel
I seek for a H-Bridge Driver Board, with only one PWM input for speed and one logical input for direction.

The supply ist from 2 LiPo ( ~ 7.2 V )
The output current should be at least 5 Ampere.

Thank you for discussion
Erhy

search term add "motor control" and if using aggressively, consider adding surge current load specs and cooling

Since you have loosely defined specs, I assume you don't want cheapest or low efficiency bipolar types and have not specified protection features or budget, I suggest you look for boards with dual half bridges and modify to use better heatsinks or forced air cooling. A good IC is the Infineon half-bridge with vertical P,N DFETS 10, 20 mOhms https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infin...fileId=db3a304412b407950112b43945006d5d&ack=t
so search for boards with dual BTS790 and modify to suit your cooling and protection needs.
read the user feedback and do not believe marketing specs like 43A

Last edited:
Thank You for the link.
Now it occurred to me:
I could dynamically change the pin assignment on the ESP32 board by program, that instead of 2 PWM GPIOs only one GPIO with ledcAttachPin() ist used and the pin for the other direction is disabled with ledcDetachPin() and set to 0 with digitalWrite(GPIO, 0). I still have to experiment whether such a redefining works

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back