Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ghost Train....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jilly

Hi, I wanted to share my project with you as I have spent many hours looking at the threads on this site, I have learnt so much from you all.
I built this ghost train for my HNC in electrical/electronic engineering.
Apart from the motor and gearing I built the whole thing from scratch, I had no previous electronic experience and soldering was something I could never have imagined doing.
I have loved every minute of building it and I would love to carry on, although now just as a hobby.
I was thinking of adding some sound as the carriage enters the tunnel, so any ideas to get me started would be great.

Attachments

• Jills Ghost Train.JPG
    Jills Ghost Train.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 238
  • testing.JPG
    testing.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 184
  • side tunnel.JPG
    side tunnel.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 164
  • carriage.JPG
    carriage.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 157
  • Switches.JPG
    Switches.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 188
  • ghoul.JPG
    ghoul.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 142
hi Jilly,
Nice project.:)

A nice wailing sound would be spooky.!

Where in Yorkshire are you located.?

Looks great, nice job.

As for sound the old SN76477N Complex Sound Generator (used in model train layouts 30yrs ago) has apparently made a comeback.
**broken link removed**

Wailing would be great, spooky....

I could have used a controller had I been more experienced but I built it the old fashioned way, 555 timer and decade counter. I didn't have a clue when I started it..

Last edited:
Sounds easy to add with a tape recorder on a loop =)

Looks great, nice job.

As for sound the old SN76477N Complex Sound Generator (used in model train layouts 30yrs ago) has apparently made a comeback.
**broken link removed**
I wonder why they've brought it back, surely there must be a commercial market for this kind of thing. I though this kind of think was normally done by cheap Chinese COBs these days. Perhaps they're also doing a COB version.

Anyway I've done a quick Google, I didn't find the datasheet but here's PDF containing some good ideas.
https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2009/05/ics76477a.pdf

The SN76477N Complex Sound Generator sounds like a great idea, I'm in class tomorrow so will discuss with my electronics tutor and build on it from there. It looks like I have a real challenge for the months ahead. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back