Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

FUN back door motion detector prank LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gary350

I removed both light bulbs from the house back door motion detector light and replaced them with screw in electrical plug sockets.

I have extensions cords going from the motion detector light to, 3 party strobe lights, 1 fire alarm buzzer, 2 school bells, 1 car horn, 1 party ball, 2 red light bulbs and 2 blue light bulbs.

I have boxes full or Potter & Brumfield timer relays. I used several continuous on/off timer relays, set for ON 1 second then Off 1 second over and over.

All the strobe lights come on and stay one no relay required they all have timer dials so I set them to flash about every 1 second.

The Red and Blue lights alternate, on and off over and over.

The party ball stays on all those spinning lights are very confusing.

The fire alarm buzzer stays on.

The 2 bells take turns ringing over and over. 1 has a nice loud ring the other is a clunk clunk clunk sound.

The 12 volt car horn is powered by a 120v to 12 volt transformer, the timer relay makes it honk every second.

The motion detector is connected to a 10 second timer relay. Sensitivity is low it comes ON when your about 15 feet from the back door.

My son got home from work about 5:45 pm after dark and it scared him really good he ducked down low and was looking all around. LOL

My sons friends all come over in the evening they play video games and hang out.

First person to arrive was Kalub it scared him pretty good, he just froze in place like he didn't know what to do. LOL

Next person to arrive was Ben wow it scared him real good he was turning in all directions trying to figure out what was happening. LOL

Next was Josh it scared him so bad he took off running. We all laughed and it was funny. LOL.

Then 2 girls arrived and there was lots of screaming. LOL.

It turned out to be a FUN prank. I wish I could have gotten it all on video but it was dark.

**broken link removed**

Last edited:
Kaplan's Surplus in downtown San Francisco used to have a stash of ancient, Edison-base photo flashbulbs.
Just replace the overhead lamp with one of these and wait.
At the time(1968,) it was about he cheapest fun available.
And that was when "marijuana" was USD$10 per "ounce"

All the places I ever worked people were always playing pranks on each other. Pranks are fun, everyone laughs, it makes work more enjoyable. Some of the best pranks were very funny. One time we taped a tiny microphone under a toilet seat and connected it to the PA system. Kerplunk, kerplunk, kerplunk comes over the PA system, the person on the toilet hears the sound that matches what is happening in the toilet. Some people yell, some woman scream, everyone laughs. Christmas was always the best time for good pranks we had gift exchange at one job, everyone buys a gift and puts it in the pile with no tag, no name, nothing but you could make it, to a man or to a woman. Everyone takes a random gift and opens it. Most were all pranks, one of the men got a lace night gown everyone laughed and told him how nice he will look in that. LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back