Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

FM quad antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

augustin87r

Hello,

I would like to build a good FM antenna. I found this link:

High Gain FM Antenna :: HamRadioIndia

Is it OK if:

1. For the elements I'm going to use plumbing copper pipes of 0,9 - 1 cm diameter and connect them with soldered fittings (they are not bent at 90 degree angle)

**broken link removed**

2. My back radio tuner antenna connectors are like this:

**broken link removed**

As i understand from the text, it's no problem if i connect the copper core of the coax cable to my 75 ohm markings at the back of the radio. Did i understand ok?

Where shall i connect the copper shield? In the text it says to connect it to the negative terminal of the battery negative.

Where shall i connect the copper shield? In the text it says to connect it to the negative terminal of the battery negative.
Connect the shield to the center ground connector on your recever. The center core can go to either 75 ohm connector but not both.
Andy

Because i heard that the tuner is very sensitive to lightning, i decided to add a voltage supressor, or coaxial in-line protector. Here it says this one works from

Working frequency: 0-1000MHz

**broken link removed**

Do you think it's a good idea or just an useless device?

If the ant is outside I would disconect it before a storm. The voltage supressor may help but if you get a direct hit all bets are off.
Andy

Because i heard that the tuner is very sensitive to lightning, i decided to add a voltage supressor, or coaxial in-line protector. Here it says this one works from

Working frequency: 0-1000MHz

**broken link removed**

Useless and maybe dangerous with it connected to a power plug. (Even if it's just a ground that's the wrong place to ground an outside antenna)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back