Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help with adapting AM/FM radios

Status
Not open for further replies.

kimbear

I would like to adapt standard AM/FM radios with a circuit that sweeps the radio thru either the AM or FM band (Depending on if the radio is in the AM or FM mode). The speed of the sweep needs to be adjustable, and needs to be able to be added to most solid state radios.
Whatcha think??:banghead:o_O

I have the attatched schematic, (not from me)
Kims May 11 001 (2).jpg
but I dont know what to think of it.

Why not buy one? Sweep/seek is a common feature on modern radios.

I would like to be able to be added to units that have a Variable capacitor tuning. Maybe someone can help me with adding variactor tuning to Capacitor tuned circuits??

Every radio will use different variable capacitor values.
You must design a circuit to match the existing variable capacitors (most radios has 3 variable capacitors per band).
You must disconnect and remove the existing variable capacitors to add your varactor circuit.
Why sweep the tuning?

May we chat in private Uncle Scrooge.
I may be mistaken, as I so usually am, but most radios seem to have the standard dual , or center tapped Variable capacitor. Once I find a radio that works, I will probably use the same model of radio

Instead of your impossible "reolace the variable capacitors with varactors" idea, it would be more suitable to design and order new parts for a varactor tuned radio. A lot of work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back