Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

esp8266 loss wifi connectivity problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

naveen123

I'm using esp82266 for relay control.esp8266 act as a access point and its connect with my router.DHCP function provide ip address to my esp8266,with help of ip address ,i control relay through android App.
The problem is,initially its working well,after some undefined time,either hanging of esp8266 loss wifi connectivity.So i cant control relay,until hard reset.

So Please give me any solution.Thanks in advance.

It is possible that DHCP is assigning a different IP address each time your router sees the ESP after loosing contact with it. If this is the case try to configure the router to reserve a fixed IP address for the ESP.

Les.

Thank You Les Jones.That's not possible,while selling this as product.Clients Don't know about that.Is there any way to avoid the problem

Is your board acting as an access point or is it connecting to an existing access point?

I currently have a Wemos board connected to my wifi and serving up a webpage that displays temperature and humidity and can control a servo connected to the Wemos.

I can test your code on the Wemos board if need be.

Mike.

Acting as an access point
Is maybe not what you want That means is kind of playing the same roll as router Kind of.
You want the esp to access the router, So do you need both Station mode and Access Point mode.

The bigger problem is the router needs WiFi.begin(ssid, password); That means you are sending to a router.

This kind of means WiFi.softAP(ssid, password); your acting as a router in a simple way.

Whats the kicker you have to know the ssid and password.

It be nice if the esp8266 could auto connect to router with button . like somethings can.

But you have this the next best thing I guess AutoConnectWithHTTPServer
connect with my router.DHCP function

That kind of saying your not using the esp as access point.
The problem is access point give's out ip addresses and if you give out one that's the same as the esp guess what !! you can no longer see the esp it will look as if it stopped working.

What you really need to do is have the esp hooked to serial com and when it stops working it will dump the code that caused it to serial.

Or like mike said post your code and lets look at it. I run a relay for a month it still works

Last edited:
I'm using esp82266 for relay control.esp8266 act as a access point and its connect with my router.DHCP function provide ip address to my esp8266,with help of ip address ,i control relay through android App.
The problem is,initially its working well,after some undefined time,either hanging of esp8266 loss wifi connectivity.So i cant control relay,until hard reset.

So Please give me any solution.Thanks in advance.
Really not enough information here. Are you using Arduino?

Do you have debug output from your ESP? If not, get that going asap and let us know what it says.

one other question.... does the OP live in an apartment building? if so, it's likely theres a lot of wifi interference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back