Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Engine strobe timer

Status
Not open for further replies.

bristol188

Can somone please help me out with this ques. I have a strobe for engine timing, the sender is a ferrite ring that goes over the plug ins. I would like to make it trigger with 12vs or thereabouts signel ie. an ajustable conntactor to to go from course to fine (just an ajustable conntact point setup) this is somwhat simauler to a wheel balancer. I would like to use it for dynamic bal. blades (heli) I have removed the orignile sender wires from the PCB, and have bought a Diac. Any help would be appecated.
Thanks.

You might experiment with a coil of wire and a small battery - applying current from the battery for a moment then remove the battery. Do this while the coil is near the sensor. The resulting magnetic field may be sufficient to trigger your light.

Yes thanks Stevez. Should have mentioned, the sensor wire (center of input coax) goes directly to the gate of TH1 (thyristor--SCR) there is no other connections to that gate. I would like to trigger it using a direct con. to that gate, I do not want to use the coax and ferrite parts. Do I need a higher voltage that 12v or maybe lower, I think I have to use a Diac is this so?
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back