EasyEDA standalone doesn't start

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buk

I downloaded the 64-bit EasyEDA app and installed it under Windows 10. The Start menu items have been created but clicking EasyEDA does not start anything. Looking in ProcessManager ( suped up Task Manager) the is no sign that any attempt is made to start anything; and looking into the EastEDA.lnk file with an editor shows that it contains nothing.

So then I tried running the easyeda.exe from a command line, and an Electron window is created, and the following output appears in the console:
Code:
C:\Program Files\EasyEDA>easyeda.exe

C:\Program Files\EasyEDA>

Electron 4.2.10 - Build cross platform desktop apps with JavaScript, HTML, and CSS
Usage: electron [options] [path]

A path to an Electron app may be specified. It must be one of the following:
  - index.js file.
  - Folder containing a package.json file.
  - Folder containing an index.js file.
  - .html/.htm file.
  - http://, https://, or file:// URL.

Options:
  -i, --interactive     Open a REPL to the main process.
  -r, --require         Module to preload (option can be repeated).
  -v, --version         Print the version.
  -a, --abi             Print the Node ABI version.

Anyone use the standalone Windows version?

If so, thoughts on how to make it work?

I have just installed it on a windows 10 system and it seems to work. (I have never used it before.)

Les.

I have just installed it on a windows 10 system and it seems to work.

Thanks for taking the time to do that.

I guess I'll try the install again; but I just tried to uninstall and got a popup saying "The setup files are corrupt; Please obtain a new copy of the program."

I'll try blowing it away manually; re-downloading and install again.

Sometimes EasyEDA can hang with a white screen, with an few words at the left top of the screen. I've had this happen a few times when there's a server problem. Launching again usually solves the problem in a few seconds.

I use the stand-alone version with Windows 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…