Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

EasyEDA Pro change layer while routing manually.

Pommie

Most Helpful Member
How on earth do I do this. In the "old" version you simply pressed "T" of "B" to switch to the top or bottom layer.
I've just spent over two hours trying to find out how to do this.

If anyone knows I'll forever be in your dept.

Mike.

Seems you need to hold alt down but that causes the trace to jump to the alt grid.

Mike.

I haven't changed to the pro version yet, it's missing some features I always use.

I am not on my computer right now, but if I remember correctly, when you highlight a trace and the right hand properties bar appears, there is a layer selection drop down menu.

Last edited:
They seem to have changed a lot of things in the pro version.
Space instead of R to rotate.
Alt-W for wire rather than W.
Alt-T and Alt-B to switch to Top and Bottom during routing.
And the filter(s) in place simply doesn't work.
Still fighting it.

Mike.

I never understood the companies which change the function keys to perform a particular command.

For an user to become proficient with a CAD program, is all about the muscle memory. Change that and you force the user down a heavy learning curve.
Beyond Stupid!!

A big change between "regular" and "pro" versions was changing the underlying graphics engine. This is a pretty substantial change, and probably done by a completely different group of programmers.

Still, as much functional compatibility as possible should have been maintained.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back