Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

EasyEDA standalone doesn't start

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buk

I downloaded the 64-bit EasyEDA app and installed it under Windows 10. The Start menu items have been created but clicking EasyEDA does not start anything. Looking in ProcessManager ( suped up Task Manager) the is no sign that any attempt is made to start anything; and looking into the EastEDA.lnk file with an editor shows that it contains nothing.

So then I tried running the easyeda.exe from a command line, and an Electron window is created, and the following output appears in the console:
Code:
C:\Program Files\EasyEDA>easyeda.exe

C:\Program Files\EasyEDA>

Electron 4.2.10 - Build cross platform desktop apps with JavaScript, HTML, and CSS
Usage: electron [options] [path]

A path to an Electron app may be specified. It must be one of the following:
  - index.js file.
  - Folder containing a package.json file.
  - Folder containing an index.js file.
  - .html/.htm file.
  - http://, https://, or file:// URL.

Options:
  -i, --interactive     Open a REPL to the main process.
  -r, --require         Module to preload (option can be repeated).
  -v, --version         Print the version.
  -a, --abi             Print the Node ABI version.

Anyone use the standalone Windows version?

If so, thoughts on how to make it work?

I have just installed it on a windows 10 system and it seems to work. (I have never used it before.)

Les.

I have just installed it on a windows 10 system and it seems to work.

Thanks for taking the time to do that.

I guess I'll try the install again; but I just tried to uninstall and got a popup saying "The setup files are corrupt; Please obtain a new copy of the program."

I'll try blowing it away manually; re-downloading and install again.

Sometimes EasyEDA can hang with a white screen, with an few words at the left top of the screen. I've had this happen a few times when there's a server problem. Launching again usually solves the problem in a few seconds.

I use the stand-alone version with Windows 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back