Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

printing a board using EASYEDA

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrDEB

FOLLOWED THE DIRECTIONS export as PDF
set to 1:1
actual board is 260mm tall the print comes out 45mm tall
I like to print out the footprints of components before having the board made
don't want the wrong footprint again for the resistor arrays

What's your page size set to in EasyEDA?

Does the orientation match the printer's?

Make sure you specify no scaling in the printer settings.

The board is 100mm x 50mm. This picture shows a ruler on the printout – exactly the correct size.

20220609_224431.jpg

When printing:

> Select "Original Size"

> From "Advanced Printer Properties, make sure the actual paper size is selected.

If this doesn't work, take the board pdf file to Staples (office supply store) and ask them to print it actual size.

Note: your screens during printing may look different depending on software, Windows version and type of printer.

EasyEDA pdf 1.gif

EasyEDA pdf 2.jpg

Last edited:
Maybe something with win11 but I looked at printer preferences but nothing like post#3
tried control pannel zip nothing?
It kept asking to install print driver but no help.
Printer prints just fine until I try to print circuit board.
Went back and looked at data sheet for resistor arrays = good to go hopefully.
Going to try downloading print driver again

downloaded new driver then printed.
Need to confirm resistor array size etc.
seems like it worked

"Seemed like it worked"???

Get a ruler and message the board outline on the printout. Either it's right or it's not.

It appears correct but waiting to place a resistor array and pic on the printout.

Did you verify the size if the printout by measuring it with a ruler?

yes all is good.
Now to locate a USB female connector to mount on some other boards I am working on

I think I found USB female in the EASYEDA parts
testing%20folder/2103051834_Jing-Extension-of-the-Electronic-Co--918-418K2022Y40004_C168703.pdf
wanted a vertical type if possible

If you are having the board assembled, LCSC part # C168703 would be ok. It's a USB-C connector with 24 pins with 0.5mm pitch, all buried under the connector body.

If you're going to (try to) solder this connector yourself, forgetaboutit. It would be next to impossible with either an iron or hot air.

SmartSelect_20220612-113651_Dropbox.jpg

If you're going to assemble it yourself, a connector similar to LCSC part# C40941 would be a far better choice*. It's a USB mini-B connector, straight (LCSC's terminology), through-hole connector. Soldering this connector yourself will be simple, compared to nearly impossible for a USB-C connector.

*Please note, I am not recommending a specific connector, only this style of connector. If you search on mini-B/5 pins/straight under USB connectors at LCSC, you will have 53 to choose from.

SmartSelect_20220612-114748_Dropbox.jpg

Not for this application, but for applications using USB for power-only, LCSC's part# C2688799 is interesting. It's a surface mount mini-B having only 2 pins for power and ground. Much easier to solder.

SmartSelect_20220612-121601_Edge.jpg

I plan on assembling the USB myself (bottom of board)
Top will be assembled. I located a USB type C on Ebay and the jlcpcb part# is C2798183
It has only 14 pins and in through hole.
The mini C is widely used

That should work.

But that connector only has 33 in stock at LCSC. Other similar ones has good stock.

I found the same part, same manufacturer on Ebay for $12 for 20 (that includes shipping.
The problem with JLCPB or LCSc is you can't order parts and pcb on the same mail shipment
I looked at both data sheets etc. Now to search where I purchased the walwarts and cables from. "visitor" suggested a site long ago I think I bookmarked it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back