Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Has EasyEDA Pro killed the software?

Pommie

Most Helpful Member
I've recently tried to use EasyEDA Pro without much success. It seems to be VERY bug ridden and nowhere near as user freindly as the old EasyEDA. Any posts on their forum go unanswered so maybe they abandoned it. What do people think?

Mike.

I don't believe it's been abandoned nor that they have any intention of doing so.

In order to upgrade the graphics engine, the "pro" version has been split off from the "classic" version. There is a ONE WAY conversion process from "classic: to "pro". Both versions of the software are being supported.

"Pro" has some nifty new features, including the ability to generate a file to 3d print an enclosure based on your board. However, not every feature of "classic" has made it into "pro" (yet?). In my opinion, they were premature in releasing "pro" because of some of the omitted featured. I've briefly tried "pro" but am sticking with "classic" as some of the features I use all the time are not supported in "pro".

One of the very cool add-ons to the classic version is iBom, which is extremely useful when assembling boards. It gives you an interactive display with the BOM on the left side of the screen and a picture of the board on the right.

Click on a row in the BOM, and it highlights all of those components on the board. Click on a component, and it highlights the part on the BOM. Click on trace, and all the traces in that net are highlighted.

I'm a long-time Eagle user but I didn't want to upgrade to the paid version. When I tried EasyEDA, I was hooked. Many features, symbols and footprints for a HUGE number of parts, including for virtually everything LCSC sells, an unlimited number of projects which are yours alone (unless you want to share), and Gerber files are a click away, which you can use at JLC or anyplace you like.

Additionally, EasyEDA makes it easy to use JLC's nearly free assembly service, both in locating parts included in the program and in generating BOM and centroid files in the needed format.

Giving this another try and currently trying to find a dual high side driver. I get 10542 items. Is there a way to make it find only things with ALL the words rather that just one - hence >10000 items.

Also, how do I get it to apply a filter?
I looked for a pic18F device and selected a QFN20 filter, clicked apply filters and the list stays the same!!
What am I missing?

Image,
easy.png

Mike.
Edit, note the three items shown in the image are not qfn-20.

Thanks, trying it now.

Have the prices at JLC really increased as much as indicated? Over $125 for a processor?
easy.png

Mike.
Edit, the dearest is over $273 for a 28 pin pic chip.

The PIC18F6720-E/PT comes up at $19.94 each from JLC in EasyEDA standard.

I'm guessing there is a minimum order quantity purchase (very common when ordering via JLC) and you are seeing the total for the minimum quantity, with the lower price being the individual part price?

I sure haven't seen that, but I tend to use cheaper parts.

The PIC18F6720-E/PT comes up at $19.94 each from JLC in EasyEDA standard.

I'm guessing there is a minimum order quantity purchase (very common when ordering via JLC) and you are seeing the total for the minimum quantity, with the lower price being the individual part price?
This made me wonder so I picked a part (C4748714 - mosfet) that has a unit price of 1.16c and minimum order of 50 units. So ~58c minimum. JLC price is 7.28c so it's not that. I was very happy with JLC and their prices but they seem to have skyrocketed.

Has anyone placed a recent order?

Mike.

I ordered some built board a couple of weeks ago, the prices were the same (or near enough) as the last order for the same boards, some months ago.

This is what I see for that part in the normal offline version of EasyEDA:

jlc_part.png

I can't recall exactly, but it seems like a few steps were required to load the search tool. I think the Git Hub page has instructions.

After you enter what part you want to find, some fields below need choices selected. Say you searched for LED; there would be a number of fields that need selections made, like mounting type, size, color, lumens..... You don't have to set all of the parameters, but you probably need to set at least one to narrow things down.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back