Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Eagle - Hints & Tricks

Status
Not open for further replies.
My confusion arose because all of the lines in the pictures you posted look to have all the same width (thickness) on my monitor, but the devices them selves are wider or longer.

I just tested Hans' suggestion to change line width in layer 21, and it worked for me. Are you getting to the library from the Open Library dialog or by just clicking on Library in Control Panel?

Edit: Posts crossed. I do not believe there is a way to globally change the line width for all components used on a board. It is part of the definition in the Library. John

John

Last edited:
Hi John

Did you try Hans fastest method?

In the other method going to each components library (using control panel) & changing its width working well thats the one I was doing in the past.

There aren't any easy way.Did you try that Hans fastest method?It wont work for me.

Last edited:
There aren't any easy way.Did you try that Hans fastest method?It wont work for me.

This is what I did in the library editor:
This a fast an easy way: Disable the pads (layer17). Group the entire package outline and change the line width using "change width" and apply the change using the right mouse button.

John

Optical encoder (rotary) Greyhill 62P

Hi,

here is a part you might probably find useful for automotive and consumer electronic applications.

The Greyhill 62P series optical encoder does not require switch debouncing. Its bounce times are given 4/10ms for make and break. Its reliabily is given as 2 mio cycles. It also features a low power pushbutton type switch capable of 5DC/10mA resistive load.

I made an Eagle component and interested members will get the library on request via email.

Attached are a sample schematic using the encoder for up/down control and to disable the MCU via the /RESET pin.

Applying the encoder I recommend not to alter the resistor values recommended by Greyhill.

Hans

Attachments

• C200-62P.jpg
    C200-62P.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 303
  • C200-62P-FOOT.jpg
    C200-62P-FOOT.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 354
  • OPTICAL-ENCODER.jpg
    OPTICAL-ENCODER.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 837
Hi,

this is neither a hint nor a trick.

There is a package manufactured by TOSHIBA with the package name HSOP20-P-450-1.00

You'll not find it in any Eagle version.

Here it is.

Pins are numbered the normal way. The two fins have no internal connection, but are cooling fins to be soldered onto the PCB.

The do have SMD-pads burried inside the fins. Their names are: bottom 'G1' and top 'G2'.

Here is a screen shot of the device (used for the TA7259P) and zip file containing the package.

Regards to all

Oops. I forgot to make a solder stop pattern around the fins. Will be done instantly.

Hans

Attachments

• HSOP20.jpg
    HSOP20.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 321
  • HSOP20.zip
    1.4 KB · Views: 179
  • HSOP-SS.jpg
    HSOP-SS.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 277
Last edited:
I can't seem to find the files SOT-227

Today: two packages ...

for those who might need them.

Here are two transistors not commonly used, the VHF-Power-Transistor BF244 and a high power switching MosFet APT20M11JVR.

The BF244 has a SOT-123 package and the APT20M11JVR has a SOT-227 package.

The dimension contours are averaged according to the minimum and maximum values of the data sheets.

**broken link removed**

Attached are two libraries: TRANS-POWER-MOSFET.lbr and TRANS-PWR-VHF.lbr (zipped)

Note: The libaries were created using Eagle version 3.55. They can directly be imported to version 4.16, for version 5.0 they must go through version 4.16 prior import.

Boncuk

If you could point me in the right direction I can't seem to find the zipped lib files for the SOT-227 if you could send or post a link that would be grate!

Thanks it's a big help to me.

Hi Eric,

it seems they are dug at another place than the current Eagle version I'm running. I have no clue for the file names and have to search 1.5TB of disk space for them.

I'll PM you as soon as I have found them.

Regards

Hans

Again - SOT227 package

Hi all,

the above mentioned package was attached in an Eagle library some time ago.

For an unknown reason that attachment has disappeared (I probably removed it myself since the stack of uploaded files was getting too large.)

There are two packages contained in the library: SOT-227B and SOT-227L.

The package outline of both is exactly the same.

SOT-227B is a blank package with no pads, intended to be used for PCB mounting and short wires connected from the PCB to the screw terminals of the device.

To create a blank device copy the symbol into the editor and rename it from N-CH-D to e.g. N-CH-DW (W=without pins). Delete all pins and create a device.

Warning! That device will look in a schematic like being connected while in fact it is a dummy. Consider that fact when designing your circuit. (You'll have to use solder pads to connect.)

SOT-227L is a full package with 9/4.5mm dia pad/drill. It can be mounted on the solder side of a board and connected/fixed through the holes using the M4 screws provided with the device. (That method does not require a double sided PCB and should be used for minimum trace/wire resistance.)

The library also contains a device - IXFN24N100 transistor using package SOT-227L.

The library was created using Eagle version 3.55, but import to higher versions shouldn't be a problem.

If you encounter any problem porting to e.g. Eagle 5.4 please drop me a PM.

Regards

Boncuk

Attachments

• SOT-227..zip
    1.7 KB · Views: 283
Current measurement with minumum losses.

I stumbled over an Allegromicro device these days which I guess is worth to consider for applications measuring AC/DC currents up to 200A.

The device name is ACS758KCB manufactured for ±50A, 100A, 150A and 200A.

It is isolated from the high power side and provides a linear output voltage according to primary current flow for logic devices such as microcontrollers (3.3 to 5V VCC).

The internal resistance of the Hall sensor is given to be 100µΩ.

I guess this device will solve many high current measurment problems encountered so far.

Here is an image of the package (shaped).

Note two small pads burried in the longitudinal big pads, which are traces in reality. Using longitudinal pads Eagle does not allow to change drill size for the desired shape. (The fins leading to the current sensor are 4mm wide.)

Attached is the ACS758KCB datasheet as well.

Boncuk

Attachments

• ACS758..gif
    ACS758..gif
    6 KB · Views: 429
  • ACS758KCB..pdf
    599 KB · Views: 290
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back