Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

EAGLE Autorouter Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

lo9999s

Hello there

I am working on a project which involves the development of a pressure sensor matrix capable of pressure mapping the force applied on a patient by a medical instrument.
The active measuring area consists of a matrix of 28 interdigitated electrodes on a PCB.
I am trying to design this, but I am having some trouble with the autorouting.
When i press the function it stays in 0% and doesnt seem to even start the process.
I played around a little with the design rules, but I am pretty new to this whole world and I am sure my problem is somewhere there, I just cannot seem to find it
Unfortunately it doesnt let me attach the schmematic file here, but if anyone has any idea what it could be and has the time to help me out, please contact me and I will send you the file somewhere else, so you can see my design for yourself.

I hope I am making sense here, and I really hope one of you out there with more experience can help me out!

Thanks a lot for your time

Attachments

• elektropad11.brd
    19.7 KB · Views: 162
  • schematic.PNG
    schematic.PNG
    19.5 KB · Views: 163
There are very little connecting dots.
In the red circles, do they connect or not?
The bottom large circle does not connect but who knows. It is very dangerous to run a trace through the end (pin) on a part. Some times it connects and some times it does not.
upload_2016-7-2_10-57-38.png

Last edited:
I redid the power supply area and input connector.
The 7805 & 7808 have a heat sink that is connected to ground. I do not like running top side traces under a 7805. There can be a short. Also it is common to run a bolt through the 7805 to hold it down. (vibration) So leave room on the bottom side for a nut. (no traces that are not ground)
The capacitors on the input and output of a 7805 should be close.
I make the power supply traces bigger. (current flow)
When you first load this file you will not see the ground plane. Push the "ratsnest" button to see the top side ground.
upload_2016-7-2_21-29-13.png

upload_2016-7-2_21-30-22.png

I would probably have 80% of the top side as ground and most of the traces blue, with only some in red.

Attachments

• PCB.brd
    58.7 KB · Views: 146
You have a number of errors in you sch. Note the top net. The left side is N$4 and the right is N$19. They looked like they are connected but they are not. I added "label" to the nets so it will show. I selected the left side so its green is a brighter color.
upload_2016-7-3_17-43-40.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back