Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Dish Microphone

Status
Not open for further replies.

srazeq

Dear All,

I need to as a few questions about the dish microphone, i want to build one of my own..

1-Can i use a Normal FM Micophone as a wireless transmitter and receive the sound on a normal FM radio?

2-can i use a normal small satellite dish?

Thank you all

hi,
> 1-Can i use a Normal FM Micophone as a wireless transmitter and receive the sound on a normal FM radio?
Yes, providing the transmitter and receiver can be tuned to the same frequency, try it first.

> 2-can i use a normal small satellite dish?
Yes, if its a solid parabolic reflector, place the microphone at the focal point.

Perhaps your idea helps in beamingthe signal ina particular direction.
thereby you may be able cover longer distance.

Yes Any Microphone will work.
Yes you can use an FM Transmitter.
And Here is an Article about Parabolic Mic's that I wrote:

**broken link removed**

It may help you.

srazeq said:
Dear All,

I need to as a few questions about the dish microphone, i want to build one of my own..

1-Can i use a Normal FM Micophone as a wireless transmitter and receive the sound on a normal FM radio?

2-can i use a normal small satellite dish?

Thank you all

Thanks

Thank you all my friends your replies were so helpfull to me.
Chemelec : i have checked the link u sent to me and it was very helpful and it answers all of my questions.

Thanks you all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back