Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Digital Readout for load cell

Status
Not open for further replies.

hhc11

I am in the process of building a device to check coil springs, I have the mechanical part figured out, I am using a 5000 lb rated load cell, I need
to build or buy a digital readout for it.
The specs on the load cell are: 15V DC Max Input
1.5MV/V output @ 2000 Lbs

Any Help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Larry

You will need a 4 1/2 digit display in order to read 5000 on a display that goes to 19999. The attached circuit should do what you want.

Attachments

• LODCELL.jpg
    LODCELL.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 497
for testing you could use a simple multimeter in mv range and a supply of 15Vdc just connect excitation at 15V and read signal in mv that sense wire gives and make a simple calculation. at 2000 lbs you will get 1.5mv x 15V = 22.5mv

Maybe it is just me but the original thread goes back to 02 March 2004 which is over 6 years ago? The original poster had a single post that began this thread.

Ron

The original poster had a single post that began this thread.

The best part of it is that he never saw the reply from Russlk !!!

If you look at the OPs profile, it shows last activity at 10.01PM on 2nd March, Russlk did not post his reply until 11.17PM.

Thats the way the cake breaks I guess.

JimB

That's the way the cake breaks I guess.

or... How the cookie crumbles. :)

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back