Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Design for motor accident......

Status
Not open for further replies.

LADY

I AM HAVING A HARD TIME CONTEMPLATING MYSELF TO WHAT WILL I PRODUCE A DESIGN. I AM THINKING OF USING A CELLPHONE AS A SOURCE OF ITS POWER BUT THEN I REALIZED CELLPHONES ARE COMMON IN MAKING A DESIGN SO I THINK FOR ANOTHER IDEA AND I COME UP WITH USING A SENSOR PARTICULLARLY A HAIR SENSOR. MY NOTION OF THIS DESIGN GOES LIKE THIS:

IN ORDER TO GET RID FROM VEHICULAR ACCIDENT SUCH AS MOTOR aCCIDENT, THE DRIVER MUST WEAR A SAFETY GEAR.
IN LINE WITH THIS, I AM PLANNING TO COME UP WITH A DESIGN IN RELATION WITH THIS SENARIO.
THE PRIMARY COMPONENT OF THIS DESIGN IS A HAIR SENSOR. i CALLED THIS AS A HAIR SENSOR BECAUSE IF THE DRIVER WILL NOT USE HIS/HER HELMET AUTHOMATICALLY THE ENGINE WILL STOP, IN THIS MATTER THE SENSOR WAS PLACED INSIDE HELMET.
AS OF THE MOMENT I AM ENCOUNTERING SEVERAL PROBLEMS. AND THESE ARE THE FOLLOWING:

1. IS THAT IS THERE ANY AVAILABLE DEVICES THAT WILL HELP THIS DESIGN POSSIBLE LIKE THE HAIR SENSOR?IF THEIRS ANY AVAILABLE, WHERE COULD I BUY THIS SENSOR?

2. I AM CONFUSE IF IT IS THE BATTERY OR SPARK PLUGE THAT CAN BE EASILY BE STOP THROUGH ELECTRICAL SIGNAL?I WOULD LIKE TO RAISED MY CONCERN IN ORDER FOR ME TO HAVE A CLEAR BASIS AS WELL AS A GREAT IDEA.AMONG THE PARTS OF THE MOTOR WHAT PARTICULAR PART THAT CAN BE EASILY BE STOP?

iAM NOT THE ONLY PERSON CAN BENEFIT THIS DESIGN, ALSO THE PEOPLE WHO USED TO DRIVE MOTOR SPECIALLY IN PHILLIPINES, PARTICULLAR IN DAVAO WHERE I BELONG....THANKS FOR THE TIME:eek:

ITS RUDE TO SHOUT

CAPS LOCK IS the little key on the left hand side of your keyboard ....... normally the one to the left of the "A" key ;)

I second that Picbits, hence no response from me.

Helmets should remain the rider's choice, same as seat belts in cars...

Hair sensor? How about a simple switch? Temperature? What about bald people, or head shavers?

No matter your choice, so simple to disable, just like the seat belt beeper/buzzer in every car I ever owned...

On a two wheel vehicle, is it really safe to disable power at 60 MPH, if your device fails? I haven't ridden in years, but can tell you it can make for a religious experience...

Electricity inside a sweaty helmet... Water and electricity don't mix well, sweat even worse.

How do you plan to connect you helmet sensor to the bike? Long cable that wraps around the neck?

When I did ride, I wore a helmet, mostly to deflect insects, the big ones really hurt at high speed.

I agree but all smart people would make use of it but in the end you can put it back on natural selection:D:D (as the less smart people would crash without a helmet)

Hair sensor? How about a simple switch? Temperature? What about bald people, or head shavers?

I agree again puting the design spects like this you will discrimenate the (b)older not so wise people :D (wise people would wear a helmet anyway)

No matter your choice, so simple to disable, just like the seat belt beeper/buzzer in every car I ever owned...

I agree again what is the purpose of it if it is not enforced in this case

On a two wheel vehicle, is it really safe to disable power at 60 MPH, if your device fails? I haven't ridden in years, but can tell you it can make for a religious experience...

Oei auch (your lucky if you can say you're in pain)

Electricity inside a sweaty helmet... Water and electricity don't mix well, sweat even worse.

How do you plan to connect you helmet sensor to the bike? Long cable that wraps around the neck?

:D:D:D:D:D

When I did ride, I wore a helmet, mostly to deflect insects, the big ones really hurt at high speed

i do have a open MX helmet (looks better by my MX bike) and whear gogles ever since a big bug hit my eye at 120 Km/Hour and turned my eye blue for 2 weeks

my friends woudn't buy the story that easy as they didn't see it and just thought I met the wrong guy in the bar

To be onest i think it's a born dead idea for the reasons given already
i think you could put your energy more in educating people about the traffic and let them drive responsible
you will save more lives with that

Robert-Jan

I can just imagine someone removing their helmet in 50 mph traffic, and the car just stops. Sounds like a pile up to me. Especially in Manila the way those Jeepney drivers are :)
BTW, what the heck is a hair sensor?

Last edited:
In the U.S. at least something like that would be called a 'dead man switch'.

Even in the U.S. a car will start without the driver/passenger seat belt attached, at worst a small red light on the dash. Even though I think every state has a seatbelt law if there isn't a federal one (I don't pay attention, I wear mine everywhere)

I think of devices like that as a 'Darwin switch'
Don't wear a saftey belt; Get into accident, and you will likely die..
Wear a saftey belt; Get into an accident, and you will likely live..
Darwin has spoken.

:D

When I did ride, I wore a helmet, mostly to deflect insects, the big ones really hurt at high speed.

EVERY PERSON HAVE THEIR OWN CHARACTER, FEELING AND ETC., SOME PERSON ARE EDUCATED HE/SHE KNOWS WHAT THE RIGHT THING TO DO,
THE OTHERS MAY AS AN INTELLECTUAL WHO PREFERS TO DO WHAT IS NOT
GOOD DESPITE OF KNOWING IT WILL CAUSE DANGER. IN MY COUNTRY SPECIAL IN THE PROVINCE, PEOPLE DRIVING A VEHICULAR MOTOR ARE NOT WEARING A SAFETY GEAR ONE OF THAT IS HELMET BECAUSE THERE IS NO TRAFFIC LAW, AND UNDERGROUND DRAG RACING IS ALSO HABIT OF THE TEENAGER WITHOUT USING HELMET, THATS WHY VEHICULAR ACCIDENT ARE INCREASES IN THE PROVINCE AREA..

HAHAHA:):D, Long cable that wraps around the neck?
WIRELESS COMMUNICATION IS THE ANSWER... MAYBE I WILL PUT A TRANSMITTER IN THE HELMET AS WILL THE SENSOR OPERATTED AT LOW VOLTAGE AND THE RECEIVER IS IN THE BODY OF THE VEHICULAR MOTOR...

IT IS THE BATTERY OR SPARK PLUGE THAT CAN BE EASILY BE STOP THROUGH ELECTRICAL SIGNAL?I WOULD LIKE TO RAISED MY CONCERN IN ORDER FOR ME TO HAVE A CLEAR BASIS AS WELL AS A GREAT IDEA.AMONG THE PARTS OF THE MOTOR WHAT PARTICULAR PART THAT CAN BE EASILY BE STOP?

"Thanks for the time......:D"

hi,
Dosn't denying a 'follicley challenged' male, the right to ride a motor cycle 'infringe' his human rights...:rolleyes:

Yes I guess it's him well on his way to chief fry technician.

Edit:

I suggest to "LADY" to just build a "HAIR SENSOR" for their final project. I'd be interested in the technology.

Last edited:
Can I know what helmet this is going to be in so I don't accidentally buy it :p

AND_ECE, did you ever get your burglar alarm working?

My suggestion is to build a "bad driving detector" which when activated connects the "spark pluge" to the helmet.

But come to think of it, in many places I have visited, they drive like the spark pluge is already connected to the helmet.

JimB

a way the police tackle here dangerus driving is the guys that puls a wheely

the police will convescate the front wheel and the parents can buy it back

Reason they give is he didnt need it annyway as he was driving on 1 wheel:D

still than you have everywhere irisponsible people that make use of a motor vihicle

catch them in the act and impound the car/motor and fine them

educate these people will have more effect than just a helmet sensor wich is not exsiting and easy to bypass if something did exsist like that

Robert-Jan

What RJVH said! =)
English, not so good, intent and meaning, right on the money if you ask me =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back