Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Depletion mosfets are expensive so...

Status
Not open for further replies.

throbscottle

What's a simple way to create a switch which is only off if it has a negative input? A depletion mode n-mosfet would be ideal but buying just one is expensive. It's to shunt a (up to) 45v constant current source to ground, with -6v available to turn the shunt off.

Thanks, hope you all are well :)

Huh, I think I found a way to do it. My arrangement had been a pd between the high voltage supply and negative supply with a normal mosfet's gate tied to that. Almost worked but for a "hump" in the output as the high voltage dropped. Replaced the bottom resistor with a zener, looks much better in LTSpice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back