Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Delay ckt

Status
Not open for further replies.

tewills

I am designing a fan control circuit using a microchip TC670. This ciruict will reside in a 1U chassis for 8 fans. I have (1) ALM LED on the front panel. If a fan dies, the LED will light. The problem with the 670 is, it faults immediately until RESET. Since it takes a while to power up the motherboard, the chip senses fan failure immediately then faults. I need to delay the funciton of the chip for at few seconds to allow the computer to competely power up.

Thanks Sebi, since there are (8) fans, I need to use (8) TC670.s Which means everything will be multiplied by the quantity of (8). Would that include the cap you recommended? Or should your cap suggestion be in parallel with the Threshold (or ground).

Attachments

• fanckt.gif
    fanckt.gif
    4.9 KB · Views: 357
Yes, between the threshold input and GND.

Attachments

• fanckt_901.gif
    fanckt_901.gif
    5.7 KB · Views: 357
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back