Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Converting toggle (1gang) switch to momentary (impulse)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apocalypso

Hi,

I'm new here so please be gently with me :D

Anyway, I have very specific problem. You see, I'm using Livolo remote switches all across my home and all of them are available with remote version, all expect the impulse switch which means that I can control everything in my phone either with remote or mobile phone except those impulse switch that is connected to Schneider ACTI 9ITL.

So considering that there is no impulse switch variant with remote control my question is there any way to use classic one gang switch with remote control option to control Schneider ACTI 9ITL impulse relay?

Thx in advance..

Last edited:
a missing ref https://www.livoloeurope.eu/Livolo-...Wall-Light-Remote-Switch-Controller-VL-RMT-03
. . . lets us know that - most likely - they're on site switches that are able to be controlled remotely (and are not - as their name hints - a remote switches RF linked to the central switching panel)

my best guess is if the
works then so should the

takes a phone call to Schneider to - hopefully - find out ( ... "#%&#%/ -- ha! now i get it)
takes a phone call to Livolo to find out do their (LRS-s)
reset their state after a short line glitch etc.
requires extra circuit as : on power on "pulse the ACTI control line" AND "momentarily break the LRS line" -- such just might work but then it shouldn't be implemented without Livolo's approval

lets us know that - most likely - they're on site switches that are able to be controlled remotely
Yeah, that's it, it is classic wall switch with an option to be controlled remotely and everything works just fine even this impulse switch in combination with Schneider's impulse relay but as I have already mentioned the problem is that this impulse Livolo switch can't be wirelessly controlled..

requires extra circuit as : on power on "pulse the ACTI control line" AND "momentarily break the LRS line" -- such just might work but then it shouldn't be implemented without Livolo's approval
That's what I am talking about, I don't need Livolo's approval, just a work around to overcome this limitation and convert classic switch to act as momentary....

That's what I am talking about, I don't need Livolo's approval,
this is not very good ;) (especially if the switch suddenly blows into a cloud of sparks :eek: -- i have some HV caps blown operated at much lower the rating due slow overheating ... luckily i was at site or actually at hearing range "boom" -- like a hand grenade :p)

actually you don't need any workaround but quickly ON/OFF the SW for pulse effect - can be achieved in manual by practice - with remote it's more tricky

i would call/mail the Livolo -- for their oppinion (about embedding the pulse relay)

on the other hand why you need impulse relay ??? it's just the method of triggering something ON versus OFF
————————————————————————
:meh: looks like a pioneering field (by google search results) -- anyway -- something that may be useful ...
http://kinoma.com/develop/documentation/projects/

Last edited:
actually you don't need any workaround but quickly ON/OFF the SW for pulse effect - can be achieved in manual by practice - with remote it's more tricky
No way, already tried that...

i would call/mail the Livolo -- for their oppinion (about embedding the pulse relay)
No luck, I tried to contact them through number of diffrent sites and no respond so far....

on the other hand why you need impulse relay ??? it's just the method of triggering something ON versus OFF
Actually reason is quite simple, I'm using this impulse relay to turn on/off a single light from 10 diffrent places...
————————————————————————
looks like a pioneering field (by google search results) -- anyway -- something that may be useful ...
http://kinoma.com/develop/documentation/projects/
Not really what I'm looking for but I'll look into, thx for link ;)

Actually reason is quite simple, I'm using this impulse relay to turn on/off a single light from 10 diffrent places...
the question here is - do you want the interior design to show up Livolo style OR do you want the problem solved for most comfortable use OR both
:( this - the home automation - is actually not exactly my field - so i'd appreciate the other forum members opinions on it

As a matter of fact the answer is quite simple, I want to stay with Livolo because it is implemented across all my house and it works just fine, I can easily control all of my devices and therefore I need some workaround to fix this single problem...

way, already tried that...
unlikely coz the Gizmo Livolo wants to see some ~AC to be powered by and a load >= 15W -- that means you have to show it 15W that momentarily triggers a relay or SCR or SSR at separte impulse relay driving circuit

as i don't know what you can work out yourself - i'm going to dig into your hw specs , trying to see if there's any light starting to shine from anywhere :cool: . . .

https://www.schneider-electric.com....-services/product-launch/acti9/acti9-itl.page (a human readable page)

https://pdf.schneider-electric.nu/files/partnumbers/A9C30112_document.pdf (specifies impule duration 50ms÷1000ms)
image15636.JPEG
wiring 240~AC drive (how you dont press the manual switches more than 1s ???)
PS! a Finnish DS listed INP.opt.1 12V ~AC , INP.opt.2 6V –DC (as i get it - per product) ,
/!\ the one on the image is likely ~240/–110 V

https://www.livoloeurope.eu/instruction-for-synchronization-and-wiring
(some specs) -- you have to pay attention the further maintanance of your installation - wire it debuggable - any custom extras must be locations reachable for replacement . . . versus the cost / maintenance costs of std./customized solution

options
  • find suitable Livolo switch
  • all possible mods ... that are not necessarily integral -- how the rest of the system will eat 'em later ...

Last edited by a moderator:
10X 4 the detailed respond but as I have already said couple of times, there is no suitable Livolo switch with remote option and therfore I nedd kind of mode, a work around that will convert toggle switch to impulse to control impulse relay, simple as is...

10X 4 the detailed respond but as I have already said couple of times, there is no suitable Livolo switch with remote option and therfore I nedd kind of mode, a work around that will convert toggle switch to impulse to control impulse relay, simple as is...
  • they got the doorbell switch -- and with most of their switches -- they state the optional remote (if they can be reached) ← this may be the solution (as well as not coz who needs remotely ring hes own doorbell . . .)
  • then there are the curtain control switch (as i get with automatic/external "cancel" -- when the curtain reaches the edge) ← this is more likely to be adapted

otherwise i need to educate myself how these thing are made as how possible is that they'll
reset their state after a short line glitch
and the repetition rate e.g. how fast you can toggle the impulse relay

where the better solution would be intercepting the switch on-board (as whenever the switch "closes" the capacitive sensor gets an emulated "tap" that'll "open" the switch ...)

since it takes time and may turn out to be impossible (too complicated)

i suggest if you already didn't then set your question up also in different places
and visit the local electricians (there might be a simple solution they know "outside our box" here)

Last edited:
i'm sure there are many RF home accessories avail that do the trick also remotely (or maybe and not - coz they all duplicate each others products for different trade mark -- and no one wants to take a risk of introducing a new functionality to market ← is also possible considering → the folks modifying their Livolos - not just in case but to add that functionality . . . by a quick glance non of them addressing the radio link issues arising from that . . . i don't have the equippement/$/t for)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back