Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Converting a yacht to electric propulsion - maximise hydro generation

Status
Not open for further replies.
My buttons? I'm full disclosure. It irks me when people are righteous, rude, and condescending. So I call him out on it. Why do you think tcm has a problem with so many in this community? Look at his sig line. He loves toying with people. I call out junk behavior and personalities like that.

And to clear something up with you, I never suggested or even implied one could transfer energy without a loss. Every one of my posts disclosed that.

The guy (tcm) deserves to be called out on his behavior. It's a private forum so if the mods like his behavior and want to delete my posts, that's their deal. It drives users away. Not sure why they would want that. He was so quick and eager to prove someone wrong he didn't even understand what he was reading. After our exchange and realizing I never at all suggested over-unity works he gets on my case about why I even posted in the first place. The guy is rude and just out to serve his own ego.
I have tried really hard to make it clear you havnt suggested over unity, but my own view is the entire concept in this scenario for trying to get even a tiny amount of energy back is counter productive.

Clearly you and TCM have a personality clash, but you have a choice always. Present a decent case for your side and let it hold its own, or simply walk away. Getting personal is wrong, like it or not you did yourself no favors. read some of my posts with TCM, i have completely opposite opinions to him on some subjects, but i dont descend into the personal. Actually i do a little, but after 7 years of knowing someone you both know how far to go.

To me you seem to have crossed a line, it isnt my call however and i dont have anything else to add. I felt what you said was beyond reasonable and i said so. But thats me with nothing else to say on it TBH

I have tried really hard to make it clear you havnt suggested over unity, but my own view is the entire concept in this scenario for trying to get even a tiny amount of energy back is counter productive.

Clearly you and TCM have a personality clash, but you have a choice always. Present a decent case for your side and let it hold its own, or simply walk away. Getting personal is wrong, like it or not you did yourself no favors. read some of my posts with TCM, i have completely opposite opinions to him on some subjects, but i dont descend into the personal. Actually i do a little, but after 7 years of knowing someone you both know how far to go.

To me you seem to have crossed a line, it isnt my call however and i dont have anything else to add. I felt what you said was beyond reasonable and i said so. But thats me with nothing else to say on it TBH

I engaged with someone about an idea and tcm got on my case me asking for numbers. I clearly explained it to him without numbers but he didn't get that and made some condescending comment about how the way I explained it, was wrong. So I tried to explain to him how I don't need numbers to explain and he still didn't understand and got even more condescending. So I gave him numbers and then he told me how pointless it was to even post in the first place. He is a troll.

There is nothing wrong standing up to bullies and trolls. You may not see him as a bully but he is. Some may make fun of that word, but doesn't change the fact.

My buttons? I'm full disclosure. It irks me when people are righteous, rude, and condescending. So I call him out on it. Why do you think tcm has a problem with so many in this community? Look at his sig line. He loves toying with people. I call out junk behavior and personalities like that.

Too funny! :D

You just cant let it go can you? :(

I don't have a problem with anyone here because I am a rational adult who has my emotions under control well enough to not read more into things than is likely there. Like going ape poop over someones signature line that tells you not to do exactly what you are doing for the exact reasons that are happening. :rolleyes:

Now that said, yes I know some people develop problems with me, because I expect more of them than they expect of themselves, plus many have some deep seated emotional issues and other psychological issues as well that are easily brought to the surface.

Others are overly and unnecessarily competitive about what they think they know and really don't like being one upped on anything they say. Not my problem.

I think you're a bit of both and its working against you so you need a monster in the closet to blame for your failings and I am it because I have no problem with calling you out on your claims and making you flesh them out to their end even if all it does is make you disprove yourself.

However beyond all of that, if someone trolls or outrightly attacks me for no good reason beyond their imaginations of me then, yes. The claws come out and my fun starts just as my signature implies. ;)

Would you like it if I started attacking you by calling you a whiny little snowflake who cant handle being treated like an adult and then start taking you apart piece by piece, because I can. If you think I am under your skin now just wait until I decide to start making a nest in you head on purpose! I'm very catty so dont act like a little angry mouse! :D

And to clear something up with you, I never suggested or even implied one could transfer energy without a loss. Every one of my posts disclosed that.

So you go about explaining something poorly and don't expect to be corrected or asked to explain yourself in better detail in a technical forum where sharing thoughts and ideas in order to refine a concept so that everyone understands what you talking about is some how unfairly targeting you?

This isn't preschool and you don't get participation trophy just for being here. If you want positive recognition then you have to bring something to the table that actually adds working value above and beyond anything else anyone else brought in. :facepalm:

The guy (tcm) deserves to be called out on his behavior. It's a private forum so if the mods like his behavior and want to delete my posts, that's their deal. It drives users away. Not sure why they would want that. He was so quick and eager to prove someone wrong he didn't even understand what he was reading. After our exchange and realizing I never at all suggested over-unity works he gets on my case about why I even posted in the first place. The guy is rude and just out to serve his own ego.

Yes it's a private forum frequency by people of similar interest but wildly different experience levels and personalities and some of us don't suffer proud immature fools (who throw temper tantrums when things don't go their way) lightly. (as you found out.)

Unfortunately it's a technical discussions and idea sharing forum which means that a lot of us are experienced professionals who expect a certain level of professional courtesy and interactions, like when someone throws out an idea they flesh it out into something solid so that its validity or lack thereof can be seen by everyone.

If you cant handle being treated like a professional, who may get called on to explain themselves in detail, then don't enter the room and come up the the big kids table and join the game. This isn't a LARPing forum where you get to pretend your something you are not and just throw around BS imaginations to solve ideas, we are real technical and engineering minded people and expect others to try and conduct themselves as the same.

If you throw out an idea thats weak don't get mad at whomever made you flesh it out and prove it own weakness, especially if you knew it was bad right from the start. Like recognizes like and sometimes it can be quite brutal when you get called out for not proving you fit in the flock. :(

Thank you and exactly.

We don't always agree on some things and its simply be because I have different or more life experience and know the value of challenging people to push themselves further and expand on what they think they know in order to get them to figure out the limitations or outright flaws in their logic, or mine, or both.

That's how we grow and learn and find the real world limitations of our ideas as we understand things at that point so that we can come up with a new way to move forward from there.

It's also how we grow some skin and learn to deal with things not going as we first imagined them to go. You do it long enough eventually you develop enough experience and skin so that being proven wrong isn't a life crushing experience for any number of reasons.

That's where the development of a formal and professional attitude and approach comes into play. Being challenged doesnt mean your wrong every time. It means you have an idea that needs to be expanded on until its limitations are found. That's it, nothing more. ;)

Whoa !

Hold it guys and calm down a bit.

Reading through this thread I am struggling to understand what all the fuss is about.

I am sure that we all know that using a battery to drive a motor to move the boat through the water, and using a turbine in the water to drive a generator to charge the battery, is an exercise in futility.

What is the argument about?
Can we stop the squabbling and name calling please?

JimB
(Wearing his moderators hat)

I engaged with someone about an idea and tcm got on my case me asking for numbers. I clearly explained it to him without numbers but he didn't get that and made some condescending comment about how the way I explained it, was wrong. So I tried to explain to him how I don't need numbers to explain and he still didn't understand and got even more condescending. So I gave him numbers and then he told me how pointless it was to even post in the first place. He is a troll.

There is nothing wrong standing up to bullies and trolls. You may not see him as a bully but he is. Some may make fun of that word, but doesn't change the fact.

You imagined something and then went on imagining that someone else could read your mind while ignoring where your imagined concept would actually fit into reality.

That's what happen, I made you bring your imagined solution into reality and it blew up on your face because it worked against the whole point and purpose of the primary concept to that was in play when real numbers were put to it.

And now, looking back, I am fairly sure its because you either didn't understand the goal that was set, or you simply didn't read enough of the thread and who had proposed and theorized what, or more likely you simply threw out a dumb idea and I called you out on it and made you own it infront of everyone and now your trying to deflect and derail the issue and blame me for your feelings of embarrassment.

I get it. Immature emotionally and life experience limited people do that but that doesn't make their emotional issues that came from it my problem just because I triggered them by pushing them to step up and climb out of their playpen and act like mature adults. Your immaturity and imaginations of me are not my or anyone else's reality, just yours and yours alone.

Now the thing is you can pursue this to no end but be forewarned, I've put a great deal of time and effort into studying basic psychology, sociology and poltical related stuff this last year and then some so if you trying to use emotional/psychological and like group politics manipulation tactics to get you're way you are way in over your head at this point and very much dangling a mouse in front of a cat! :D

Whoa !

Reading through this thread I am struggling to understand what all the fuss is about.

I am sure that we all know that using a battery to drive a motor to move the boat through the water, and using a turbine in the water to drive a generator to charge the battery, is an exercise in futility.

JimB

I agree, he's trying to make it personal, because I called him out on a bad concept and made him flesh it out and disprove its validity, and wont drop it.

The rest is just words, cause, you know. I like to use them. :p

I agree, he's trying to make it personal, because I called him out on a bad concept and made him flesh it out and disprove its validity, and wont drop it.

The rest is just words, cause, you know. I like to use them. :p

Never proved me wrong. Only after I showed you numbers could you finally understand you were misunderstanding me the entire time. So then you blame your inability to understand the conversation, on the fact the the post should never have been posted. And the only thing I haven't dropped is the fact that you're aggressive, rude, and condescending.

You thought you had a 'mouse' to toy with. A mouse that believed in perpetual motion. Now realize you didn't, suck it up, and back away.

Whoa !

JimB

He thought I believed in perpetual motion. Jumped on me for numbers. I clearly explained to him without numbers but he didn't even read the post because he was sure he had a mouse to toy with. So until he saw numbers, no explanation suffice. So he didn't even read my posts and got more condescending. When I gave him numbers and he finally realized I never implied 0 loss, he simply got on my case about posting in the first place. Why not slip off quietly and say nothing, or how about a 'my mistake, I thought you were suggesting perpetual motion works'. Instead he decides to try and berate me again. And then act like it's all a fantasy.

Sorry for the altercation. I know nobody likes to see it. I don't ignore people and wont 'ignore' tcm. But I probably wont stop by this thread anymore because it wont go anywhere. I'm not avoiding communication.

He thought I believed in perpetual motion. Jumped on me for numbers. I clearly explained to him without numbers but he didn't even read the post because he was sure he had a mouse to toy with. So until he saw numbers, no explanation suffice. So he didn't even read my posts and got more condescending. When I gave him numbers and he finally realized I never implied 0 loss, he simply got on my case about posting in the first place. Why not slip off quietly and say nothing, or how about a 'my mistake, I thought you were suggesting perpetual motion works'. Instead he decides to try and berate me again. And then act like it's all a fantasy.

Reading your narratives and imaginations of what you think I may or may not know into something does not make them true (as I have pointed out multiple times) .

The overunity - battery to motor to alternator back to battery - concept is well understood to not work so why do you need me to personally write you a tutorial on it when you know why it doesn't work and admit to it yourself? I know it doesnt work and you know it doesn't work so what the gain in you pushing for me to explain it to you when you admit you know it? :rolleyes:

Same with continual butthurt whining about why I won't give you a personal recap of stuff that was already shown by me and others in this thread. What does it prove about me that worse than what you are presenting about yourself in your quest to try and force a false narrative on me that I have solidly refuted and called you out on several times now? :confused:

What do you think you are gaining from it beyond looking like butthurt whiny troll especially when the thread had pretty much ran it course until you showed up at post 33 with your idea of using the motor to power the alternator directly to charge the battery it ran off of, that quickly got torn apart by me and LG for being a pointless waste of power to which you then went on to defend which method of implementation was the least wasteful rather than admit it just won't add anything gainful, as we all knew it wouldn't and just as your math proved and I had pointed out to the OP of the thread in post 5 relating to the concept of using his own battery power to drive a generator of some kind to get more distance? :(

Same problem with continually trying to take what I tell you then trying to bend it back on me and claim it didn't happen as it did or mean what I say it does when I'm who wrote it?:confused:

It won't give you any ground to stand on to self justify your obvious misunderstandings and or false claims of reality in order to self justify making personal attacks over. It's a standard half-wits trolling tactic that is well known, especially by me (and since shortbus is here just ask him how well that game plays out). You don't win with it ever, just as he points out. ;)

Now you can continue to call me out on things that did not happen though projectionsims and false narrative based 'strawman gotchas' all day being it certainly doesn't make me look like a clueless imbecile who can't give up on a ego quest that proved itself wrong right from the begining and only got worse from there! :facepalm:

Everybody needs to stop with the arguing back and forth. If you aren't here to help, then stop posting to this thread. Next time someone "calls out" someone else or otherwise tries to continue the argument, we will be forced to take corrective action against said member.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back