Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

wind, solar and auto starting emergency generator charger/hybrid inverter TOO MUCH TO ASK?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vobla

looking to power a remote off-grid farm with some solar and wind and to have a generator that would start up in the emergencies. planning to use very little power, so i think 3 x 3kW input with 3kW output would be plenty. is there charger/inverter out there that would take 3 inputs and take a good care of my batteries? i cant seem to find even find anything that takes solar and wind at the same time. doh.

in case this purrrfection doesnt exist, how would you go about it? would you use two separate chargers? how would you make sure them 2 chargers talk to each other and take care of the battery? what about the generator. how to auto-start it in the emergency?

you can imagine there is a lot to do on the farm, so autonomously working system is a paramount. please advice.

seems like some victron chargers/inverters are capable to start generators when needed and everyone is just using separate chargers for wind and solar. altough i am stunned how unpopular small wind turbines are. tons of junk in the market and very little useful info :/

i'd say it's not worth it, but with only 5 hours of sun this January, it be nice to have something to trickle charge my batteries...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back