Combination Lock

Status
Not open for further replies.

woogoo

Hi, First I dont know the electronics stuff well but I can follow a shematics if this is not too complex.

I want to make a Combination lock for my car with 4 or 6 digits ,press in order to control a relay wire to an MSD 6al Ignition. I look at some shematic on internet one with a decade counter and another with a 4013 (dual flip flop) and I did some search on the forum but PIC are too complex for me. I like the 4013 its look easy :
**broken link removed**

But I dont really have an electronics store near me to buy the 4013 and I have a Box of old electronics board I did some search on part found in the box and I found a quad comparator DBL339 and 3 or 4 LM2902(that a op amp but still have to desolder them) and 3 lm324n(op amp too). I read somewhere you can use them like a flip flop and that exactly what the ic 4013 do.

I want to use the dbl339 if possible anybody can modify or create a shematics for me please? The circuit will be on 12volts with a 7812voltage regulator ,and If its possible to get a led turn on for a couple of second for telling you the code was right .

and Last question do anybody know what kind of current or voltage the white wire on the MSD 6al got? I got a couple of 12vdc 30a/40a relay but dont know if I really need that kind of relay.

Thanks in advance

i saw an even simpler ckt .. sorry the dia is not with me now ...i'll try explaining it , it consists of series of transistors connected in chain ie EC-EC-EC....(depends on the length of password, all PNP) , now the bases are connected to vcc through a capacitor , and the password switches are connected to the base of transistors through a resistor to previous trans: Collector. now the working of the ckt is like this.
the user needs to press the switches sequentialy so that the cap: gets charged and the transistor turns ON, if second has to turn on , the first should be turned on, the connection is like that . so when the user presses the correct sequence , all the trans: will be conduction(for some time) and enable a relay or some thing like that. the password keys are distributed in a keypad . and also to increase security some false keys are wired so that when they are pressed , it discharges the capacitor . It makes that only the correct key combination in correct speed will operate the lock.
hope u understand the description

the description was lengthy , but the ckt is small.. . I posted because u stated .."But I dont really have an electronics store near me to buy the 4013 and I have a Box of old electronics board "

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…