Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Combination Lock

Status
Not open for further replies.

woogoo

Hi, First I dont know the electronics stuff well but I can follow a shematics if this is not too complex.

I want to make a Combination lock for my car with 4 or 6 digits ,press in order to control a relay wire to an MSD 6al Ignition. I look at some shematic on internet one with a decade counter and another with a 4013 (dual flip flop) and I did some search on the forum but PIC are too complex for me. I like the 4013 its look easy :
**broken link removed**

But I dont really have an electronics store near me to buy the 4013 and I have a Box of old electronics board I did some search on part found in the box and I found a quad comparator DBL339 and 3 or 4 LM2902(that a op amp but still have to desolder them) and 3 lm324n(op amp too). I read somewhere you can use them like a flip flop and that exactly what the ic 4013 do.

I want to use the dbl339 if possible anybody can modify or create a shematics for me please? The circuit will be on 12volts with a 7812voltage regulator ,and If its possible to get a led turn on for a couple of second for telling you the code was right .

and Last question do anybody know what kind of current or voltage the white wire on the MSD 6al got? I got a couple of 12vdc 30a/40a relay but dont know if I really need that kind of relay.

Thanks in advance

i saw an even simpler ckt .. sorry the dia is not with me now ...i'll try explaining it , it consists of series of transistors connected in chain ie EC-EC-EC....(depends on the length of password, all PNP) , now the bases are connected to vcc through a capacitor , and the password switches are connected to the base of transistors through a resistor to previous trans: Collector. now the working of the ckt is like this.
the user needs to press the switches sequentialy so that the cap: gets charged and the transistor turns ON, if second has to turn on , the first should be turned on, the connection is like that . so when the user presses the correct sequence , all the trans: will be conduction(for some time) and enable a relay or some thing like that. the password keys are distributed in a keypad . and also to increase security some false keys are wired so that when they are pressed , it discharges the capacitor . It makes that only the correct key combination in correct speed will operate the lock.
hope u understand the description

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back