Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

color detector

Status
Not open for further replies.

shreik

Anyone here know a color detector circuit? for my project i need a color detector that can detect 3 colors-white,black and red...thanks

If you could give more details about the application it will help.

The photoresistor with colour filter work. I've seen an old SSTV unit with one B/W camera and changeable R, G, B filters to creating colour picture.

common method is to use photosensor to measure intensity of the reflected light. the trick is that you illuminate the targed using different color LEDs. For example you take a sample with no LED on (to determine
level of ambient lighting), then you turn on red LED and take sample, then you switch to green LED and take sample etc.
By comparing the results it is not too hard to tell appart even very similar colors. since LEDs and photo sensors have fast response time
you can do many samples per second and average them to get even better result.

additions

the project i'm working on is a snooker scoring system, it's not a typical snooker game.. it only has 2 sets of colored balls and 1 for the cue ball, it really doesn't matter what color but i'm thinking the first set will be black and the other-red then white for the cue...
The color sensor/detector will be placed inside the corner holes(it will be dark) It will detect which color fell on it, then a program will monitor the whole game and do the scoring, so the circuit will also be interfaced to a computer and a display to show the scores... any ideas?(pleeease :?: )

It probably doesn't really need to detect color, you should be able to see different intensities of reflected light off off the white(highest), blue(middle) and black(lowest). A small circuit using 3 comparators should work ok for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back