Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Coil Guns

Status
Not open for further replies.

lordsparkington

i know this subject might have been talk about before. i was wonder how long does a capacitor take to charge or you could make a voltage senor to turn off the charge circuit. i think i have a way to charge some large capacitor by using a 12 volt fluorescent light which take 12 volt and drives it up to like 300 volts, so this way it would be far more portable than other circuits i have seen. but the trigger would still be a SCR to turn on the store charge from capacitor to the coils

lordsparkington said:
i know this subject might have been talk about before. i was wonder how long does a capacitor take to charge or you could make a voltage senor to turn off the charge circuit. i think i have a way to charge some large capacitor by using a 12 volt fluorescent light which take 12 volt and drives it up to like 300 volts, so this way it would be far more portable than other circuits i have seen. but the trigger would still be a SCR to turn on the store charge from capacitor to the coils

Look at this forum link.
https://www.electro-tech-online.com...-gun-audioguru-come.29293/?highlight=coil+gun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back