Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Copper Coil Type

Status
Not open for further replies.

underwaterchippie

Hi there,

Could someone help me to identify this type of coil as I would like to replace it? Just trying to understand if it is a standard size/type coil or a custom made.... It measures 12mm (diameter) x 15mm height. - plastic outer casing

1. I measured across the wires 0.5 Ohms - 0.1 Ohms (multimeter resistance) = 0.4 Ohms.

Much appreciate it,
Thanks

coil2.jpg
Coil1.jpg

Looks like a solenoid coil?
Given the small size and the apparently chunky wire gauge there can't be many turns on the bobbin, so should be easy to rewind if necessary.

This custom part does not look defective since you can measure resistance. What are you really trying to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back