Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Should I ground the coil chasis?

Athosworld

I have this massage machine prototype that im going to install on a box and there will be a little of the coil vibrator chasis exposed. I already grounded it in the photo. Is this ok?
04A9AB80-C9E6-4E68-97D8-BB7054ACD7B8.jpeg
ins

Normally magneto-massagers are double insulated or more with external layers.

technically that's double insulated
- magnet wire
- paper insulation
> 3kV

technically that's double insulated
- magnet wire
- paper insulation
> 3kV
And certainly not something you want applying to your bare body - there are good reasons why most medical equipment is battery powered. Looks about as safe as a cheap home made submersible!.

Late reply but could it like arc between the windings and the earthed/grounded chassis in a power surge?
Yes, it could, but that is all the more reason to earth the chassis. Once there has been an arc between the windings and the chassis, the insulation will be compromised and the chassis will be a shock risk if not earthed. If you were touching the chassis when an arc happens, it will hurt at best.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back