Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

cell-phone charger thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

lebevti

a few months back there was a thread on how to make your own cell-phone charger but I can't find it. Was it taken down? Anyone know if it is still around?

For what make and model cell phone? Generally there is no such thing as a cell phone charger, just cell phone power supplies, the charger is actually built into the phone, all the phone needs is a fixed voltage, and a sufficient current available from the supply, insufficient current will simply cause it to take longer to charge (generally)

Most modern cell phone's are going towards the micro USB connector for a 'charging' port.

Last edited:
there is a provision for charging cell phone batteries outside the cellphone.
what ever charge control methods are incorporated , may have to be mimicked in the charger one designs, so that the battery would not be strained and blast.

there is a provision for charging cell phone batteries outside the cellphone.
what ever charge control methods are incorporated , may have to be mimicked in the charger one designs, so that the battery would not be strained and blast.
It could be done but why? You would need a holder for each type of battery, charge controler chips, supporting circuitry, and a power supply.
The holder would have to read the batterys temp and sent it to the charge controler chip to be safe.

It could be done but why? You would need a holder for each type of battery, charge controler chips, supporting circuitry, and a power supply.
The holder would have to read the batterys temp and sent it to the charge controler chip to be safe.
the cahrger i have told looks like this
**broken link removed**
while on travel many suffer depleted battery and most times the charging sockets provided in Buses and trains ( as we see from our nation) are busy.
thus people with heavy needs carry a spared charged battery, and even a travel support bulk battery like 6V SLA so that they can charge or say 4 cells of 2500mAH battery so that by plugging in they can have 4 to 5 charges to his mobile. Generally they look like a torch light chargeable from mains.
, having a male socket where they can plug it to mobile

Last edited:
i appreciate.
if a student or hobbyist is wishing to design one, he thinks so, for practice and experience in electronics. I suppose, not for economy alone. So Let us try to encourage thinking minds for tomorrows needs, and let us share technical thoughts also.

i appreciate.
if a student or hobbyist is wishing to design one, he thinks so, for practice and experience in electronics. I suppose, not for economy alone. So Let us try to encourage thinking minds for tomorrows needs, and let us share technical thoughts also.
Correct, people of this forum need to encourage people to design their own and help them, not discouraging them!!! That's why the forums are on internet!

I would be happy to try and explane how one would work, but I would not make one. It sounds like the OP wants to make one, but I am not sure.

Mostly the modern cell phone batteries are Li-ION type. There are many Li-Ion battery charge controller chips and few MAXIM datasheets like max 1879 could well explain the charging modalities than our postulating an explanation.

a possible link is here
**broken link removed**

For what make and model cell phone? Generally there is no such thing as a cell phone charger, just cell phone power supplies, the charger is actually built into the phone, all the phone needs is a fixed voltage, and a sufficient current available from the supply, insufficient current will simply cause it to take longer to charge (generally)

Most modern cell phone's are going towards the micro USB connector for a 'charging' port.

yes, the power supply is what I mean...the thing u buy for $30 and plug into your wall to charge your phone

yes, the power supply is what I mean...the thing u buy for $30 and plug into your wall to charge your phone
Do you what to make one?
For the most part thay are all SMPS.
But you need the right voltage and current for your phone.
What kind of phone do you have?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back