Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

canonical form/eigenvalues/matricies

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello,
I'm having some trouble with a question and want to know if anyone can help. I've been asked to find a matirx with the same eigen values as the matrix below in controllable canonical form using matlab. I'm not entirely sure what controllable canonical form is the (the lecturers explanation is poor at best), or how to use the eigen values to find new matrix.

thanks,
ed.
3-by-3 matrix:

[18 12 12
-18 -12 -11
-17 -11 -12]

I forget so much about this stuff and I use to know it moderately well but never needed to use it.

Eigen values is very easy to find in MATLAB. I think the command is just eig() or something like that.

A CCF matrix is just a matrix of a particular form that useful for state space systems (mostly zeroes with a diagonal of values or 1s or somethign like that. It should have beeen given to you or you can google for how it looks online. It's values represent the values of control system with a chain of differentiators and integrators.

Unfortunately I totally forget anything else about thsi matter.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back