Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Blinking Leds strip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugo Carradini

Hello.
I want to start a project but i am a newbie in electronics and need your help. I want to make some signs using acrylic and smd LEDs strip over de edges and i want them to blink and be able to stop the blinking so i need a circuit maybe using a 555. Something simple to star with . I will be using one foot strip that consumes 100 ma and 12 volts and they have the resistors integrated and in the near future y will use strips that consumes 400ma.
I know this is a simple project for all those interesting projects around the forum but i would appreciate if some one could help me.
Thanks

Yes, use an astable 555 timer, the circuit is on the datasheet which can be .be found using Google.

You'll need a transistor to power the LEDs.

Draw up a circuit and I'll check it if you're not sure it's right.

Thanks Hero999. I am trying to understand the different circuits all over the net but the are all for one or two LEDs mostly and i don't know how to modified them for more current and on off control. ( sorry to look so dum but electronics can be very confusing at the beginning )Maybe you or some one can help me drawing the circuit , and i know there are few guys looking for something similar that can be very useful. I don't want to look like a lazy person so please don't mis understand me.
Sorry for my English but is not my native language.:)

**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
As the lamp is only 400mA you can replace T1 with a smaller transistor, such as the the BC338.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back