Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

USB LED strip photosensor switch help

Status
Not open for further replies.

benprice

Hi! I'm completely new to circuit design, I've looked through the forum for similar questions but couldn't find any, apologies if I've missed it though.

I need help designing and building a light sensor switch for a USB powered "UV" LED strip for collecting insects. I'm a freshwater entomologist and need to upgrade my current setup.

I've currently got this LED strip.

I need:
- the LEDs to turn on at dusk, run all night, and stay off during the day
- The sensor circuit to consume minimal power so my power bank can run the LEDs for as long as possible when on

It would be great if the switch was built independent of the LEDs (ie USB male - switch - USB female) so I can just plug in the LED strip.

I've searched online but can only find switches that are 12v or more, but nothing for USB.

Assuming this is possible I would really appreciate if someone could design it and build it? If it is simple enough I could try assemble it, but I'm also happy to buy the bits needed for someone else to assemble it if that’s an option - I'm based in the UK.

Thanks in advance!
Ben

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back