Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

barcode scanner's output and keyboard output

Status
Not open for further replies.

zhi_yi

Hi there, please help me..

Please help me how to distinguish between the output from a barcode scanner with the output from a keyboard. I connected both input devices to PS/2 of my PC. Is there any program that could use distinguish between the data read from one of these devices? for example, if i typed something on the notepad, and at the sametime i give an input to the barcode scanner, then the data read from barcode scanner would also appear on the notepad. How to distinguish them? I am sorry for my bad use of english language..Thank You

There is plenty of info available regardingthe keyboard on the web. We had a lab on it in my advanced digital class. Do a search for something like: +keyboard +scan.code +at

Are you sure that the barcode scanner can be used as a keyboard? Chances are, the manufacturer just used the same PS/2 connector as a keyboard and they aren't compatable at all.

jrz126 said:
Are you sure that the barcode scanner can be used as a keyboard? Chances are, the manufacturer just used the same PS/2 connector as a keyboard and they aren't compatable at all.

You can buy barcode scanners that connect in series with the keyboard, it makes them very easy to use because it just provides a string of normal key presses - so it's trivial to write programs for.

zhi_yi said:
Hi there, please help me..

Please help me how to distinguish between the output from a barcode scanner with the output from a keyboard. I connected both input devices to PS/2 of my PC. Is there any program that could use distinguish between the data read from one of these devices? for example, if i typed something on the notepad, and at the sametime i give an input to the barcode scanner, then the data read from barcode scanner would also appear on the notepad. How to distinguish them? I am sorry for my bad use of english language..Thank You
i have once tried that..there we distinguish b/w them by the speed of arriving data . keyboard is slower than the barcode reader

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back