anything bigger than 0603?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mushroom187

but yet small? i have a hard time attaching k wire to the tips, anything around 3 times bigger? 0805's 1205's? also do single pin RGB smd leds exist? looking for it to always be changing color without dif voltage or 6 pins, like the 3mm RGB led, GREAT SITE, i'm loving it hm: h

An 805 is the equivelanet of a 1/8th watt resistor. A 1205 is the equivelant of a 1/4W resistor. I try and use 1206 sized resistors and capacitors unless I need a higher power level. A 1210 is a little bit bigger than a 1206. I think an 603 is the same as a 1/16W resistor but I'm not sure. Does that help?

Are you looking for something easier to handle than a 603? I would recommend the 1205 in that case. Or if you are really on a tight budget, 0805s.

I don't know about LEDs.

Last edited:
helps, budget no pro, just that i added alot of 0603 leds to a controller to make it lite up, but took 4ever cause of size, i need a leds maybe twice as big ( which is still sma'll) do they have RGB led, for smd

Yeah, do a search on Digikey for LEDs and pick "surface mount". THey seem to come in 1204 and 1210 packages. THey seem kind of expensive though $1-$3 each.

WHAT 1 - 3 $ each? reason american companies are losing to hong kong ect, ebay i picked up about a hundred for 20$ there RGB those =)

Were they surfac emount? THey must be harder to manufacture as surface mount maybe.

mushroom187 said:
... but took 4ever cause of size

I find that it takes me less time to solder the tiny smt's than it does to accurately drill all the sodding holes needed for through hole parts. Just prefrence i suppose.

I used to be put off by the size of the tiny smts, but I def. think that it just requires a bit of practice. have you tried magnifying your work?

I buy my resistors from SureElectronics (ebay). https://stores.ebay.com/Sure-Electronics
Youll be suprised at how much cheaper you can get them.

I think they sell them even cheaper if you cut out the middle man (ebay).

Also check out their LCD's. SO much cheaper than anywhere in england!
Chris.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…