Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

anything bigger than 0603?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mushroom187

but yet small? i have a hard time attaching k wire to the tips, anything around 3 times bigger? 0805's 1205's? also do single pin RGB smd leds exist? looking for it to always be changing color without dif voltage or 6 pins, like the 3mm RGB led, GREAT SITE, i'm loving it :eek:hm: h

An 805 is the equivelanet of a 1/8th watt resistor. A 1205 is the equivelant of a 1/4W resistor. I try and use 1206 sized resistors and capacitors unless I need a higher power level. A 1210 is a little bit bigger than a 1206. I think an 603 is the same as a 1/16W resistor but I'm not sure. Does that help?

Are you looking for something easier to handle than a 603? I would recommend the 1205 in that case. Or if you are really on a tight budget, 0805s.

I don't know about LEDs.

Last edited:
helps, budget no pro, just that i added alot of 0603 leds to a controller to make it lite up, but took 4ever cause of size, i need a leds maybe twice as big ( which is still sma'll) do they have RGB led, for smd

Yeah, do a search on Digikey for LEDs and pick "surface mount". THey seem to come in 1204 and 1210 packages. THey seem kind of expensive though $1-$3 each.

WHAT 1 - 3 $ each? reason american companies are losing to hong kong ect, ebay i picked up about a hundred for 20$ there RGB those =)

Were they surfac emount? THey must be harder to manufacture as surface mount maybe.

yea, 0603 smd, most usa sellers cost 3 times more, cause they gotta pay more, Salary ect ps3?

mushroom187 said:
... but took 4ever cause of size

I find that it takes me less time to solder the tiny smt's than it does to accurately drill all the sodding holes needed for through hole parts. Just prefrence i suppose.

I used to be put off by the size of the tiny smts, but I def. think that it just requires a bit of practice. have you tried magnifying your work?

I buy my resistors from SureElectronics (ebay). https://stores.ebay.com/Sure-Electronics
Youll be suprised at how much cheaper you can get them.

I think they sell them even cheaper if you cut out the middle man (ebay).

Also check out their LCD's. SO much cheaper than anywhere in england!
Chris.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back