Advice please

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigun

Hi as I asked in a previous post if any one had any test equipment available as I am starting an HND in electronics in September
Could someone tell me the best range of oscilloscope and signal generator to look for I tried to contact my tutor on the course but he is on holiday
People have suggested a DSO nano but the uni said I need a proper scope
Thank you
Al

Can you define 'a proper scope'?
What is the maximum frequency you will be trying to monitor?
What is your budget?

I suggest you search online for oscilloscopes, and check the manufacturers' data for likely candidates.

I got a second hand unit from the Uni... they sell the old ones off cheap to students... I got a 10mhz telequipment CRO oscilloscope for £25.. ( going back a bit ) MUCH harder to use than my digital tektronix....

I can't believe the Uni are specifying a proper scope..... Surely you'll be using theirs....

I was thinking around 100mhz dual channel second hand I was hopeing to get one for around £100 but what are the best makes to look for second hand not worried about size as it will stay on the bench.
I start my course in September so need it for then
Al

Ebay's best prices are around £230.... I think Tektronics are pretty decent... Mine is a 60mhz, but in storage mode I can get 100mhz..... I only use it for serial 19200bps.. or testing signals through logic circuits ( sometimes switch mode power supply's ).... I don't think I've used it above 1mhz...

Happy hunting.. I have nothing to swap other than my own (I need that one )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…