Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Boston Marathon bombing--please check in!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DerStrom8

Super Moderator
Hey everyone. As many of you may already know, two bombs were set off at the finish line of the Boston Marathon, near Copley Square. I live a 1/2 mile away and was at home when this happened, so I am okay. But if any of you are in the Boston area, or were here for the marathon, please check in and let us know you're okay.

Thank you.

Matt

Hey everyone. As many of you may already know, two bombs were set off at the finish line of the Boston Marathon, near Copley Square. I live a 1/2 mile away and was at home when this happened, so I am okay. But if any of you are in the Boston area, or were here for the marathon, please check in and let us know you're okay.

Thank you.

Matt

Devastating, my thoughts and prayers to all who were affected.

kv

Well, supposedly the reports might be a little wrong. Nothing unusual with any reporting. I heard the second bomb was found and detonated on purpose by LE.

Well, supposedly the reports might be a little wrong. Nothing unusual with any reporting. I heard the second bomb was found and detonated on purpose by LE.

That was a third, KISS. The first two were detonated at Copley Square and Boylston street and injured hundreds of people. 4 more bombs were located and disarmed.

That was a third, KISS. The first two were detonated at Copley Square and Boylston street and injured hundreds of people. 4 more bombs were located and disarmed.

Four more devices, does that make a total of 7?

Edit: Official report indicates only 2 devices.

Last edited:
Four more devices, does that make a total of 7?

It's either 7, or 6 if the suspicious gym bag they set off on purpose turned out to be one of the four others they found undetonated.

As of now, 3 people are known dead and over 150 injured, some seriously.

It's either 7, or 6 if the suspicious gym bag they set off on purpose turned out to be one of the four others they found undetonated.

As of now, 3 people are known dead and over 150 injured, some seriously.

Unless they are hiding information on possible devices that were found to get a reaction from the perpetrators as a direct act of mis-information to illicit a psychological response, an act or cause for the individual or individuals to correct it.

As far as I know, Official Reports come back with only 2 devices, to clarify totals and known mis-information by news reports.

Unless they are hiding information on possible devices that were found to get a reaction from the perpetrators as a direct act of mis-information to illicit a psychological response, an act or cause for the individual or individuals to correct it.

As far as I know, Official Reports come back with only 2 devices, to clarify totals and known mis-information by news reports.

Check the times of your reports. New facts were coming in every minute. Two bombs were detonated for sure. Supposedly four more were found, not sure if that included the gym bag or not.

Last edited:
I will be riveted by this for sometime and furious if I learn any individuals were domestic terrorist.

I hope for a swift and succinct Justice for those involved and any co-conspirators be it either at home or abroad.

Any Ignorant acts of this kind by our own people in this day and age, should not be tolerated or embraced, my feelings are, it's an act of war and should be treated as such.

My wife and I have been talking about it right now.

Her bet is its some Muslim extremist foreigner or group.

My bet is on some white guy from the US. :mad:

My wife and I have been talking about it right now.

Her bet is its some Muslim extremist foreigner or group.

My bet is on some white guy from the US. :mad:

I can see either being true. I just hope they find this crazy b*stard soon.

hi,

From a 'Brit, please accept my condolences and sympathy for the death and misery it has caused our American cousins.

As you may know we have had our fair share of terrorist bombings in the UK.

What thoughts run thru the minds of these bombers beggars belief.:mad:

Eric

hi,

From a 'Brit, please accept my condolences and sympathy for the death and misery it has caused our American cousins.

Eric

Ditto, my condolences and sympathy to those that have passed and their families and those affected by it.

I hope justice is served promptly.

hi,

Eric

It's extreme, these people are often raised as children on Fundamentalism in various forms. (Hand fed and brainwashed) I feel it is no different than some (Middle East Religious Fundamentalism.)

After that "add" a dash of, (Crazy, Ignorant Fueled Rage) and they will target anything that is perceived as a threat to their crazy ignorant life.

Recent developments.......

Suspect found and Arrested

Edit: News broadcast are now saying this is false, no arrest has been made. Just video showing someone setting down a backpack and they do know who it is and are trying to locate them for questioning.

Last edited:
Edit: News broadcast are now saying this is false, no arrest has been made. Just video showing someone setting down a backpack and they do know who it is and are trying to locate them for questioning.

It wasn't me! I wouldn't be caught dead running just for fun let alone watching others do it! That stuff'll kill ya I tell ya. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back