Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Boston Marathon bombing--please check in!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a real tragedy. My condolences to the victims.

I do hope that there is swift action and the culprits are caught!

As do I. Thanks for your support EM et. al.

Last edited:
Breaking news folks!

https://www.newsday.com/news/nation...ect-identified-as-dzhokhar-tsarnaev-1.5102656

All nearby buildings and campuses are on lockdown.

If anyone's in the area, please stay indoors and away from windows.

Be safe!

Just woke up to find this.

I thought one of them looked pretty young. I had a feeling something like this was going to happen, sounds like they were headed out to plant more devices elsewhere.

Why else would they have bombs to throw out the window of the SUV at the police.

Edit: I'm just getting the live feed now, these were 2 brothers from Chechnya. One wanted to be a boxer and go to the Olympics the other a 2yr Medical Student.

Last edited:
Just woke up to find this.

I thought one of them looked pretty young. I had a feeling something like this was going to happen, sounds like they were headed out to plant more devices elsewhere.

Why else would they have bombs to throw out the window of the SUV at the police.

Good point KV. They clearly didn't have an escape plan. The police obviously caught them off-guard. Otherwise they would not have gotten in a high-speed car chase, and both bombers would still be alive. All the focus is on this one last bomber though, and after all that's happened he's probably not thinking straight. He's going down. He won't last 48 hours.

Glad you are OK Matt:)

This all happened in your backyard (so to speak). Stay well and safe buddy.

Regards,
tvtech

Glad you are OK Matt:)

This all happened in your backyard (so to speak). Stay well and safe buddy.

Regards,
tvtech

Thanks tvtech. Yup, this all happened too close for comfort. The city's on lockdown, I expect they'll have this b@stard cornered soon. He's only got two choices--leave in the custody of the feds or leave in a body bag. I fear he'll choose the latter, and try to take others with him.

In case people haven't heard the updates, they have him surrounded in Watertown, MA. The bomber is hiding in a boat, covered with the boat cover. He's done for.

Bomber is NOW IN CUSTODY!

Bomber is NOW IN CUSTODY!

I walked away from the Television and looked at your post in AAC. I walked back from the kitchen and it took 2 min for them to report they had him in custody.

Mine was ABC, I have no idea what you were watching. Did you hear it on a scanner?

Now will we find out the why it was done? Will he tell authorities?

Now will we find out the why it was done? Will he tell authorities?

The father was asked what would you tell your son now, he said, tell them everything and don't leave anything out.

Hopefully he listens to his fathers words and apparently his father will be coming to the US.

I walked away from the Television and looked at your post in AAC. I walked back from the kitchen and it took 2 min for them to report they had him in custody.

Mine was ABC, I have no idea what you were watching. Did you hear it on a scanner?

Nope, not sure what I was watching. I thought it was ABC. May have been CBS.

It is interesting to read about this, as it does appear those 2 kids were targeted by the govt as scapegoats, from what I've read as the father said they were targeted as they are refugees practicing muslim. Well time will tell if any other incidents occur not counting that waco expolsion where it was stated by a local this wasn't an accident someone blew it up.

Too often it is too easy to target a minority group only to find they are scapegoats and the terror continues.

Will this be another time they got it wrong.......

It is interesting to read about this, as it does appear those 2 kids were targeted by the govt as scapegoats, from what I've read as the father said they were targeted as they are refugees practicing muslim. Well time will tell if any other incidents occur not counting that waco expolsion where it was stated by a local this wasn't an accident someone blew it up.

Too often it is too easy to target a minority group only to find they are scapegoats and the terror continues.

I guess you haven't seen any of the Video? It shows the older brother placing the backpack on the ground, near where the boy was eating his Ice cream cone and walking away. Both were then seen leaving without their backpacks. The youngest brother seen walking right after the explosion, strolls like it was a sunday afternoon, didn't even look back?

any other incidents occur not counting that waco expolsion where it was stated by a local this wasn't an accident someone blew it up.

There is no comparison, David Koresh like Jim Jones, their followers treated them like Gods, ignorantly believing every word that dropped from their mouth.

People like them breed this kind of horror. The sky is falling the sky is falling...........? We must do this for God????????????? (Weak minded fools) easily programmed.

Edit: I apologize for mis-reading your post, under the circumstances I made a mistake, thinking you were talking about the "Branch Davidian Cult" and subsequent Deaths allegedly accused by many conspiracy theorist.

Last edited:
People like them breed this kind of horror. The sky is falling the sky is falling...........? We must do this for God????????????? (Weak minded fools) easily programmed.

Hi KV

Zombie comes to mind. Programmed to kill innocent people for "a cause". Makes me sick to my stomach.

Regards,
tvtech

Hi KV

Zombie comes to mind. Programmed to kill innocent people for "a cause". Makes me sick to my stomach.

Regards,
tvtech

The sad part of these kinds of stories, are the Children. I was raise Mormon and know what it is to be programmed at an early age, children will believe their parents, their fresh innocent little minds are the perfect soil for seeds of mis-direction and slight of hand confusion, constantly re-enforced to believe a single strain of reasoning, which is put forth from "The General Authority in any Orginization"

The difference between some people and programmable people is maybe like my experience.

At age 9 I knew in my gut it wasn't right, but because they are my Guardians, I became the "little robot" they wanted until age 13, I rebelled against them and the religion. But that's me, my other siblings didn't, they're still robots, afraid of being "socially outcast" within the group.
If your just a little guy or gal you depend on your parents and go with the program, there is little you can do. If you were a part of "David Koreshs or Jim Jones Group" their would be nothing else to do but, die along side them.

When your that young, you don't have a say in it, your doomed by the Words of these kind of "Insane Leaders"

KV is right. They have video evidence of these two placing the bombs. They were in a high-speed pursuit with these two, during which they threw ANOTHER pressure cooker bomb from the car. They advanced on the police after the chase, which is when the older brother was killed and presumably the younger one was injured. There is absolutely no doubt that it was them.

The sad part of these kinds of stories, are the Children. I was raise Mormon and know what it is to be programmed at an early age, children will believe their parents, their fresh innocent little minds are the perfect soil for seeds of mis-direction and slight of hand confusion, constantly re-enforced to believe a single strain of reasoning, which is put forth from "The General Authority in any Orginization"

The difference between some people and programmable people is maybe like my experience.

At age 9 I knew in my gut it wasn't right, but because they are my Guardians, I became the "little robot" they wanted until age 13, I rebelled against them and the religion. But that's me, my other siblings didn't, they're still robots, afraid of being "socially outcast" within the group.
If your just a little guy or gal you depend on your parents and go with the program, there is little you can do. If you were a part of "David Koreshs or Jim Jones Group" their would be nothing else to do but, die along side them.

When your that young, you don't have a say in it, your doomed by the Words of these kind of "Insane Leaders"

Wow. Lots to think about with your post. Thanks KV.

Regards,
tvtech

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back