Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Advice please

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigun

Hi as I asked in a previous post if any one had any test equipment available as I am starting an HND in electronics in September
Could someone tell me the best range of oscilloscope and signal generator to look for I tried to contact my tutor on the course but he is on holiday
People have suggested a DSO nano but the uni said I need a proper scope
Thank you
Al

Can you define 'a proper scope'?
What is the maximum frequency you will be trying to monitor?
What is your budget?

I suggest you search online for oscilloscopes, and check the manufacturers' data for likely candidates.

I got a second hand unit from the Uni... they sell the old ones off cheap to students... I got a 10mhz telequipment CRO oscilloscope for £25.. ( going back a bit ) MUCH harder to use than my digital tektronix....

I can't believe the Uni are specifying a proper scope..... Surely you'll be using theirs....

I was thinking around 100mhz dual channel second hand I was hopeing to get one for around £100 but what are the best makes to look for second hand not worried about size as it will stay on the bench.
I start my course in September so need it for then
Al

Ebay's best prices are around £230.... I think Tektronics are pretty decent... Mine is a 60mhz, but in storage mode I can get 100mhz..... I only use it for serial 19200bps.. or testing signals through logic circuits ( sometimes switch mode power supply's ).... I don't think I've used it above 1mhz...

Happy hunting.. I have nothing to swap other than my own (I need that one )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back